Aug 16, 2019
Hey, all.

I just finished a gaming build for my friend. The build went wonderfully and the system recognizes every component. I’ve installed Windows but only after I finished installing MSI Dragon Center, my display flickers. It’s a not an on-off flicker, though. More like a bright-dim flicker.

I noticed it started to flicker after DC wanted me to install MSI SDK. I know it’s the MSI SDK that is giving me problem because when I uninstalled it, the flicker stops. The thing is that thing is needed for DC to work properly. Without it, DC is just buggy.

Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you very much in advance.

PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 360 RGB 69.34 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Western Digital Black NVMe 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital Blue 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING X Video Card
Case: NZXT H700 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Personally I wouldn't install everything that comes up as a suggestion by Dragon Center. On a side note, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, i.e without using Dragon Center, by manually flashing the BIOS to the latest version using the M-Flash utility and a pen drive.

Dragon Center has always been buggy. It's had some people brick their boards due to an improper BIOS flash and that caused MSI some RMA headaches.

Lutfij

Titan
Personally I wouldn't install everything that comes up as a suggestion by Dragon Center. On a side note, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, i.e without using Dragon Center, by manually flashing the BIOS to the latest version using the M-Flash utility and a pen drive.

Dragon Center has always been buggy. It's had some people brick their boards due to an improper BIOS flash and that caused MSI some RMA headaches.

Solution
Aug 16, 2019

Thank you for the suggestion. It's not even a performance issue, tbh. Just a cosmetic one because we need DC + SDK to even use Mystic Light. Other than that, the computer works fine =). I will, however, try to udate the BIOS using MSI Live Update 6.