Question MSI Trio RTX 2080 TI Acting Strange

William Courtade

Honorable
Mar 20, 2014
Iv'e had this GPU since August and had no issues with cooling. It lives on the wall in my living room in an open style case, Avg room temp 71. Two nights ago I noticed the card getting very loud while playing Monster Hunter World and Borderlands 3 but not Destiny 2. I'm running all the games at 4K 60 FPS most settings maxed. In Destiny I get 85+ utilization, in the other two games its pretty much pegged and my temps are hitting 65 degrees and thats when the fans go turbo mode. Ive got the default fan curve with MSI Afterburner and no overclocking. Even with the Afterburner program off it still exhibits this behavior. Could this be an issue with the card?

William Courtade

Honorable
Mar 20, 2014
If I let Destiny 2 run uncapped on fps it does the same as the other games, 100% gpu utilization and high temps, temps being the new thing that is the problem. Also If I take Borderlands from 4k Ultra preset to 4K low preset still gives me 50% gpu itilization which I think is pretty high. I ran Superposition and these are the results: 4K Optimized- 12301, 1080P Extreme- 9134, These seem really low to me and the second result is within a couple hundred point of a high end 1080 ti...