Question MSI Ventus 2080 vs Zotac Gaming 2080?

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
In my country and within my budget only 2 cards are available:
-MSI Ventus RTX 2080 at 830$
-Zotac Gaming RTX 2080 at 770$

I had 2 gaming X MSI card before (GTX 960ti and GTC 1070) and I must say I like the MSI quality and apps, the Ventus is also factory OC and has more leds while the Zotac Gaming is the basic card from Zotac, no OC though it's about 50$ less!
What do you think?

I have a Seasonic Platinum Focus 650w

Okay....That's a very good PSU, so no worries using this unit. So, what have you decided ? Which GPU will you buy ? The VENTUS model, or the Zotac model ? All these cards are almost the same, when it comes to performance, except for the higher core/mem boost clock speed values, and the PCB cooling on some better binned chips.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff_120

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Okay....That's a very good PSU, so no worries using this unit. So, what have you decided ? Which GPU will you buy ? The VENTUS model, or the Zotac model ? All these cards are almost the same, when it comes to performance, except for the higher core/mem boost clock speed values, and the PCB cooling on some better binned chips.

I think I will go with the Zotac. there is a very small difference in performance like you said between these two, as they are both dual fans they will have more or less the same temps.
Too bad MSI changed their Gaming X series from dual fans to 3, they were amazing, now they are longer, heavier and more expensive.
I am not a heavy OC, the max is to use the MSI Gaming App that automatically and safely OC the card, so the Basic Zotac is enough for me, as I understood now all RTX gpus have a software that will detect OC capabilities of the card without frying it and adapt automatically.
Only the ''mini'' series of geforce have no OC at all, I think this Zotac could reach 1800mhz with its big dual fans no?

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
No pro reviews found on the zotac, the only ones I have found are amazon reviews, they all reported 75-77c under heavy load and with fans at 100%
Is it too warm?
Ventus amazon reports are talking about max 65c

they all reported 75-77c under heavy load and with fans at 100%
Is it too warm?

Nah, I don't think those TEMP values are high by any means. That's normal behavior for the GPU, when it is under full load/stress.......Those are safe TEMP values....Though, if the fans are capped out to 100%, then the temp shouldn't be this much high on the Zotac Model, IMO...

Post me the link for this card first....Maybe one of the reviewers tested the card under a different environment....

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016
Nah, I don't think those TEMP values are high by any means. That's normal behavior for the GPU, when it is under full load/stress.......Those are safe TEMP values....Though, if the fans are capped out to 100%, then the temp shouldn't be this much high on the Zotac Model, IMO...

Post me the link for this card first....Maybe one of the reviewers tested the card under a different environment....

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review...pe=avp_only_reviews&formatType=current_format

Jeff_120

Honorable
Dec 11, 2016

Yesterday I brought the Zotac, tried for a couple of hours, great performance but one of the fans was noisy even in idle, very noisy when pushed in games, obviously a factory fault, so today I returned it to the shop, unfortunately he didn't have a Ventus left and I didn't want to stay all this weekend without a PC, so I took a Gigabyte OC Gaming, about 25$ more than Ventus
Length is perfect for a 3 fans card, 28.5cm is not big, though had to take out my SATA pcie card because this Gigabyte is beefy!
Very silent in idle, not loud in games with 4k Ultra 60fps, this card looks good to me

Reactions: Metal Messiah.