Nov 27, 2023
Having a hell of a time setting up my new PC I built on Black Friday.

I'll try to post as much valuable info as possible.

Windows 11, Full version not cracked.
MSI Center says Im all up to date on drivers,
Windows assistant says im all good on drivers too.
Manually installed most of the drivers from MSI and AMD website.

MOBO: MSI X-670 P Wifi Pro, Running the latest Bios (Beta, but ive tried 4 different versions :( already)
Ram : 64GB - 2x32 G.Skill RGB kit 30 Cas Latency 6000 Mhz, Im not running XMP/EXPO due to instability, currently at CL40 and 4800mhz, Slots A2 and B2
CPU : Ryzen 7800x3d not Overclocked yet
Boot Drive : Samsung 980 2TB gen 4 PCIE in a Gen 5 Pcie slot with Heat sink
Cpu Cooler, Corsair AIO Liquid, i think a 140mm not too sure though, Cpu never goes above 40*C
GPU : MSI 4070ti, seems to be functioning normally
PSU : Seasonic Gold 80+ 850W Fully Modular, all connections secure and seems to be functioning properly
Case is just a run of the mill MSI Gungnir, not sure what size but it was a tight fit for the 4070ti, USB's in the front panel dont work, but the buttons and audio jack does work.....

I have 2 other M.2 ssd's installed but neither show up in bios or on windows, so i cant configure them. I think i have some driver/bios issues....

Half of my USB slots on the back of the MOBO itself dont work, and my front panel USB's dont work at all. It plugged into the JRFP 1 Slot If i remember correctly.

My Network Interface Card doesnt show up at all, not in Device manager, windows update checker says all my drivers are good though, not sure if i believe it....

So basically, I built the system, everything went smooth. Posted on the first boot try, but took a long time

First install i did was Win 10. Then I found out Wifi 7 doesnt work on Win 10.

I did a clean install of everthing and switched to Win 11.

Went to MSI website for all drivers, AMD chipset drivers from AMD. Even Bought Driver Tool for 10 bucks (Dont worry didnt do the actual subscription) and It installed about 15 other drivers that I was "Missing"

Some of MSI's MOBO drivers dont work at all, most importantly the Realtek PCIe Lan Driver says no NIC, and the MSI WiFi driver says no Suitable drivers to install.

Should I just RMA my mobo, or keep messing with it.

I also occasionally get a NVAPI.dll windows Registry error, so i ran SFC /scannow like 5 times, it still pops up occasionally and doesnt seem to be resolved by the scan, The last scan said it fixed some registry Items, but i still dont have any USB's, a NIC, and still get this message occasionally.

Not super happy with dropping 2.2k on pc just to have so much headache with the MOBO, I only have 2 Usb slots that work, and one of them needs to be my wifi adapter (Cuz the Boards is broken, and Ethernet port doesnt even light up when plugged into.) so im constantly swapping my usb mouse out for my usb keyboard. My bluetooth works fine though, and it runs on the same card that the WIFI should run on, but it just seems kaput.

I have like 8 or so Yellow triangles on "Unrecognized" usb devices in device manager, but the driver updater says everything is up to date. Most drivers are from 2006 from what i can tell.

Is there anything im missing? Is there a secret bios that MSI doesnt want me to know about? Is there a way to figure out what USB Controller my board uses and look on Realteks website or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ralston18

Titan
Wifi issue/network issue.

If possible run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results here.

You should be able to copy and paste the results without needing to retype everything.

In Device Manager > View

Is Show hidden devices selected?

What is being shown via "Network adapters"?

Nov 27, 2023
Wifi issue/network issue.

If possible run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt and post the results here.

You should be able to copy and paste the results without needing to retype everything.

In Device Manager > View

Is Show hidden devices selected?

What is being shown via "Network adapters"?
Sorry dont currently have access to my pc, I will in about 25 minutes.

Device Manager was setup to show hidden devices, and I can see the Bluetooth Adapter, and the USB Network adapter.

The Main Wifi adapter is located under the Unknown Section, and it has a yellow triangle...

I will post screenshots of the info your requesting when i get home though.

For the ethernet port on the MOBO could a faulty driver make the Ports' yellow and green lights non functional even if i have a Cat 5 with active connection plugged into it? It always stays unlit and Im hoping that the port actually functions and a driver is the cause for it to not "Connect"

Nov 27, 2023
Hello,

So for the Ethernet port. Yes Known working cord, known working network. I have another pc, 2700x b450m 2070s that works perfectly.
I plug in the same cord to the mobo port and no lights on my system :(

Nov 27, 2023
Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-6F-8C-2E-D6
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-6F-8C-2E-D3
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8b8b:95dc:d678:c0fb%14(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.64(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, November 27, 2023 2:07:00 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, November 28, 2023 2:07:00 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 335544943
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-2C-F5-AE-EA-00-02-6F-8C-2E-D3
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.11.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

This is my ipconfig /all

In my device manager i enabled hidden items,

I only have 1 out of 3 of my m.2 ssd's showing, The one that shows is a samsung 980. The other two are another identical samsung 980, and a crucial gen 4 1tb m.2

I have some usb devices that have the yellow triangle, but clicking update driver says they are all up to date.

Nov 27, 2023
So my next plan, is to pull the cmos battery per a reddit post from 6 months ago. I did this once already, but this time will be on windows 11, vs I did it on 10 before.

Just to make sure I'm not a total dumba** I'll list what I'm about to do.

Step 1 shutdown pc via windows power button thing.

Step 2. Switch off psu

Step 3. Unplug PSU

Step 4. Take out 4070ti because conveniently it covers the cmos

Step 5. Remove cmos

Step 6 jumper the memory clear pins right by the audio connector ON motherboard, (idk like an OBD1 jumper maybe I'm just old-school tho)

Step 7 pop in cmos

(Step 7.5 measure voltage of cmos)

Step 8 re install GPU

Step 9 let er eat and see if I have usb's

My only question, not knowing anything about mobos, will pulling the cmos rewrite what bios version I'm using? I'm not sure how bios is affected by removing power and thus memory of it, but one way to find out I guess.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So my next plan, is to pull the cmos battery per a reddit post from 6 months ago. I did this once already, but this time will be on windows 11, vs I did it on 10 before.

Just to make sure I'm not a total dumba** I'll list what I'm about to do.

Step 1 shutdown pc via windows power button thing.

Step 2. Switch off psu

Step 3. Unplug PSU

Step 4. Take out 4070ti because conveniently it covers the cmos

Step 5. Remove cmos

Step 6 jumper the memory clear pins right by the audio connector ON motherboard, (idk like an OBD1 jumper maybe I'm just old-school tho)

Step 7 pop in cmos

(Step 7.5 measure voltage of cmos)

Step 8 re install GPU

Step 9 let er eat and see if I have usb's

My only question, not knowing anything about mobos, will pulling the cmos rewrite what bios version I'm using? I'm not sure how bios is affected by removing power and thus memory of it, but one way to find out I guess.
No, it will just reset to the default settings. The version number won't change from what you have installed.

Nov 27, 2023
No, it will just reset to the default settings. The version number won't change from what you have installed.
So I performed the reset, and it's identical to before.

I have 3 "Unknown USB Device" s within Device manager. They have (Device Descriptor Request Failed) at the end too.

Not sure what to do, rma the board?

Nov 27, 2023
Uninstall those devices manually and restart Windows to let it "re-install" drivers.

Unless you added adapters of some sort, you shouldn't have 16 USB ports.

In addition, drop the beta BIOS and use the most current full version.
So I uninstalled amd USB 3.0 extension 1.3 and then rebooted and I got USB extension 1.1. neither work though.

Now I'm downloading AMD's adrenaline software. I did all the chipset drivers, there was one package that didn't install in the logs it said it fails, it was to the best of my memory "GPIO 3.0.0.0 (Pronotory)" not sure what it means but I did have the gpio 2.4ish or something so I figured it either is not important or already installed.

The adrenaline software does crash my pc Everytime I try to install and I get a bunch of AMD cnet.dll Windows errors, so I clean installed the amd client from their website and am slowly getting that going. Not fun tho :/ hopefully the adrenaline software has more expansive drivers than their chipset thing.

Nov 27, 2023
Are you trying to salvage your old Windows install, or have you started from scratch?
Same install :/ at this point rma will happen as soon as I get some free time to drive back to microcenter. But I will continue to perservere with the salvaging around until tomorrow afternoon.

If I actually make progress I'll post an update, but from what I can tell the mobo is the main culprit of the issues I'm seeing.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Same install :/ at this point rma will happen as soon as I get some free time to drive back to microcenter. But I will continue to perservere with the salvaging around until tomorrow afternoon.

If I actually make progress I'll post an update, but from what I can tell the mobo is the main culprit of the issues I'm seeing.
Very well could be, but starting from a fresh OS base has value at this point.

Nov 27, 2023
Fixed :D Finally,

Had to go to microcenter, bout hour and 15 drive.

I just brought my whole pc in a shopping cart inside, and talked with the tech guy. They were out of stock on the MSI X670 Pro Wifi, so i upgraded to a MSI MPG 650 Carbon. I had to buy it, swap it, and then return the old mobo for being DOA.

I ended swapping the mobo on one of the spare registers at microcenter, manager wasnt too happy about it tho. But i think i was in and out of microcenter in like 40 minutes, so not terrible.

Worked like a charm since the first boot. Updated all drivers per MSI Website and think im all sorted now.