Question MSIAfterburner -Is it safe to transfer MSIAfterburner.cfg to another laptop with a different GPU?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
When backing up MSIAfterburner files, is it a bad idea to transfer your MSIAfterburner.cfg and Profile.cfg files which had previous undervolt settings to a new laptop with a different GPU?

Will the undervolt settings not apply because it detects a new GPU? What if this GPU was the same exact model of GPU as the other?

I want to transfer the .cfg file to save my settings but I'm worried it might cause issues because it also saves the voltage graph from the previous GPU. Should this not be an issue, or should you avoid transferring these files to a new laptop?

WolfMeister98

Honorable
Oct 10, 2016
Should be not a problem if you use the same cfg on the same GPU.

The problem is if you're using the same cfg on different GPU.

If you're worried about it, just move the MSIAfterburner.cfg somewhere instead of placing it on the same MSI Afterbuner installation folder.

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Should be not a problem if you use the same cfg on the same GPU.

The problem is if you're using the same cfg on different GPU.

If you're worried about it, just move the MSIAfterburner.cfg somewhere instead of placing it on the same MSI Afterbuner installation folder.
So essentially just don't move any file and just redo the settings from scratch?