[SOLVED] Multiple program that running in task manager but it's only 1 program opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2019
As by the title i had a problem with this and i don't know how to fix it, i have tried uninstalled the program that opens alot of task and it's still not working (long story short, my pc accidently get infected with a virus and i did a clean scan using malwarebytes) and here is the pic.
(Program that opens alot is Discord,Chrome,and steam)
View: https://imgur.com/a/b5hXxLQ

Solution
I guess I didn't clarify well enough.
Not just each tab has it's own process, but each function of the browser can have one as well.
This is includes plugins, rendering engines, web apps, addons/extensions, etc. etc.

If you want some extra info, can read this short and simple article I found by doing a Google search for why chrome has so many processes.

Within that article is a link that takes you to here as well for more details.
https://blog.chromium.org/2008/09/multi-process-architecture.html

And this concept of how a program can be run is also implemented in other software as well such as Discord, Firefox, so on and so forth, not just Chrome.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
it's one program yes, but that program has multiple processes for it depending on what you are doing with it.

For example, with Chrome there, the more tabs you have open, the more processes it runs, one for each tab.

Also runs processes for individual things within tabs as well.

For example, you get one process for the program, another process for a single tab, and another process for a video on something like YouTube.

Also, if you're not using an adblocker (I highly recommend uBlock Origin) then all those ads that load up can sometimes start up more processes.

For stuff like Chrome the multiple processes is normal.

But I would also suggest using an adblocker for not only reducing the CPU cost of opening web pages, but to load sites faster and for safety reasons.

Also if you happen to be the kind of person who opens a new tab for every little thing when it's not necessary, and Chrome's overall CPU usage is undesirable to you (can see it's overall CPU usage on the main tab) then consider reducing the amount of tabs you have open at any given time.

Sep 10, 2019
it's one program yes, but that program has multiple processes for it depending on what you are doing with it.

For example, with Chrome there, the more tabs you have open, the more processes it runs, one for each tab.

Also runs processes for individual things within tabs as well.

For example, you get one process for the program, another process for a single tab, and another process for a video on something like YouTube.

Also, if you're not using an adblocker (I highly recommend uBlock Origin) then all those ads that load up can sometimes start up more processes.

For stuff like Chrome the multiple processes is normal.

But I would also suggest using an adblocker for not only reducing the CPU cost of opening web pages, but to load sites faster and for safety reasons.

Also if you happen to be the kind of person who opens a new tab for every little thing when it's not necessary, and Chrome's overall CPU usage is undesirable to you (can see it's overall CPU usage on the main tab) then consider reducing the amount of tabs you have open at any given time.
I know about the chrome thing, but it's only one tab and it's already opening so many task. this also goes the same with Discord and steam.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
I guess I didn't clarify well enough.
Not just each tab has it's own process, but each function of the browser can have one as well.
This is includes plugins, rendering engines, web apps, addons/extensions, etc. etc.

If you want some extra info, can read this short and simple article I found by doing a Google search for why chrome has so many processes.

Within that article is a link that takes you to here as well for more details.
https://blog.chromium.org/2008/09/multi-process-architecture.html

And this concept of how a program can be run is also implemented in other software as well such as Discord, Firefox, so on and so forth, not just Chrome.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.