[SOLVED] Multiple Random drives config?????

Jul 23, 2020
Hello everyone, i have a x570 MB with a Gen 4.0 500GB Nvme , a crucial 120GB SSD , a 2.5' 1Tb HDD, and a 2Tb 3.5' HDD and i don't have a clue how i should configure all of them. Right now i have the gen 4 Nvme as my main drive and I'm putting spill over just where ever. lol Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hello everyone, i have a x570 MB with a Gen 4.0 500GB Nvme , a crucial 120GB SSD , a 2.5' 1Tb HDD, and a 2Tb 3.5' HDD and i don't have a clue how i should configure all of them. Right now i have the gen 4 Nvme as my main drive and I'm putting spill over just where ever. lol Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

My setup is very similar. The way I do it is to have OS on fastest drive, next fastest and smallerone for installing games and larger programs that do not depend on SSD's speed, downloads, Second and largest one for pure data and backups.

My setup is very similar. The way I do it is to have OS on fastest drive, next fastest and smallerone for installing games and larger programs that do not depend on SSD's speed, downloads, Second and largest one for pure data and backups.

Reactions: Mrsmooth0711
Solution

USAFRet

Titan
Just needs a bit of organization.

My 7 drives:

500GB 860 EVO - OS and applications
250GB 840 EVO - CAD/stl files for the 3D printer
250GB 840 EVO - cache/scratch space for photo/cad/video applications, Lightroom catalogs
1TB 860 EVO - random stuff, VHD for the VMs
1TB Intel 660p - photo work
1TB Sandisk - games and random stuff
500GB 860 EVO - video and other CAD work, testing space.