[SOLVED] My 2nd SSD keeps disconnecting after some usage? What and how to fix? (Specs at the end of post)

Mar 30, 2020
Hi everyone,

First post here, hope I can get help. So I've been having this problem on my PC where after some time using it my 2nd SSD seems to disconnects from my PC and not show up on Windows Explorer, under the "This PC" section. Typically any program that I'm running from that storage location just closes out or crashes. The programs I've been running are Revit, AutoCAD and some games like Destiny 2, The Witcher, and GTA 5. For the most part, when everything is up and running, it's running well, it's just annoying because you never know when it will crash. It could be 5 hours from then or 30 min. When I'm surfacing the web, I don't seem to lose connection to my 2nd SSD, it looks like only when I run programs from it.

Somethings that I've tried doing is looking for drivers under the device manager but no luck. Could it be my Xbox one controller? It occasionally disconnects when I'm using it via USB. Or could it also be my Corsair HS60? My sound does seem to cut out and compress but this could be another forum in of itself (just thought I should mention it). I also did a reinstall of windows 10 (while keeping all my files intact). Below will be my specs in hopes it helps. Thanks for your help in advance and have a great day guys.

Specs:
CPU:
-AMD FX-8350 8 core black edition processor

GPU:
-GTX 1060 3 GB EVGA

Motherboard:
-Gigabyte AM3+ AMD Micro ATX Motherboard GA-78LMT-USB3

Storage:
-1x SSD 1TB WB Blue 3D NAND (The SSD that keeps disconnecting)
-1x SSD 480 GB Crucial BX 500 (My main boot up drive)

RAM:
-1x Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Blue (HX318C10FK2/8)
-1x Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1866MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM - Blue (HX318C10FK2/8)

Power Supply:
-EVGA 400 N1, 400W, 2 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-N1-0400-L1

Solution
to have a look what the problem could be:
run userbenchmark.com and post the http link of your result

also have a look at the windows event viewer for DISK errors

check the SSD in a different SATA port of the motherboard. Replace the SATA data cable and use a different power plug from the power supply

Is your BIOS up to date?
to have a look what the problem could be:
run userbenchmark.com and post the http link of your result

also have a look at the windows event viewer for DISK errors

check the SSD in a different SATA port of the motherboard. Replace the SATA data cable and use a different power plug from the power supply

Is your BIOS up to date?

Solution