[SOLVED] My comcomuter spontaneously freezes in csgo so i havr to hard reset

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
My computer is by no means a bad one. I have a ryzen 2600, 16gb of ram, and a 960 which is the only thing that is dated. Ill be playing then it freezes in the middle of the game. No audio either after that. I run the game well over 100 fps. Ive been comp banned twice because of this. It takes time for my computer to ramp up because i dont have a ssd. How do i fix thos

Solution
OK. But it will be important to verify that one of your memory sticks isn't the culprit. Freeze ups are typical when (among other things) a memory page is corrupt. When you have time, test each stick alone for a full pass or more. That way, you'll know which is bad... if indeed one is.

Another culprit can be a faulty drive (HDD/SSD). Or faulty graphics card...
Tracking down freeze ups can be a bummer sometimes. There's so many components that can cause it.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Does the whole machine freeze, requiring a reboot? Or just the game?
Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. See if that clears up any software conflicts.

Might run the free Malwarebytes scan to see if you have some poorly written malware competing for resources or conflicting. A virus scan might find something too.

Do you have a bunch of stuff running in the background while you game?

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Does the whole machine freeze, requiring a reboot? Or just the game?
Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. See if that clears up any software conflicts.

Might run the free Malwarebytes scan to see if you have some poorly written malware competing for resources or conflicting. A virus scan might find something too.

Do you have a bunch of stuff running in the background while you game?
The whole computer freezes and i tried your suggestions and it still froze. I tried the cl_dissaehtmlmotd and repairing the game files. The virus scan didn't find anything. I also had nothing else open.

Last edited:

Darkshock

Honorable
Feb 27, 2017
Have you run memtest for at least one full pass on each stick individually?

Do you have another gfx card to experiment with?

What motherboard? PSU make/model? Any OC'ong involved?
No overclock. I use a msi 470 x gaming and a corsair cx 550m. This is my only gpu. I dont have an extra flash drive on me at the moment to use memtest

Last edited:

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
OK. But it will be important to verify that one of your memory sticks isn't the culprit. Freeze ups are typical when (among other things) a memory page is corrupt. When you have time, test each stick alone for a full pass or more. That way, you'll know which is bad... if indeed one is.

Another culprit can be a faulty drive (HDD/SSD). Or faulty graphics card...
Tracking down freeze ups can be a bummer sometimes. There's so many components that can cause it.

Reactions: stonecarver
Solution