[SOLVED] My computer detects headphones as speakers.

D

Deleted member 2791851

So, on the basic audio drivers on the MOBO, my front panel detects headphones as speakers, but when I update to the Realtek Drivers on the manufacturers site (it's an MSI B450 PRO-M2), it doesn't detect headphones at all, but I need Stereo Mix, but it's only on the newest drivers (there are two drivers on the site, tried both, both don't detect headphones correctly), any help?

Solution
The first part of your comment is normal, win10 does detect headphones as speakers from the front i/o panel. No problems

What is the make and model of your head phones and what male mm jack and your mobos mm port?

Also, may be a problem with how the new drivers work with win 10, have you checked they are compatible (will be where you downloaded them)

I would also try - remove the audio drivers all installed, run windows update and it will auto find them, once they are the latest automatically, check if stereo mix is available
The first part of your comment is normal, win10 does detect headphones as speakers from the front i/o panel. No problems

What is the make and model of your head phones and what male mm jack and your mobos mm port?

Also, may be a problem with how the new drivers work with win 10, have you checked they are compatible (will be where you downloaded them)

I would also try - remove the audio drivers all installed, run windows update and it will auto find them, once they are the latest automatically, check if stereo mix is available

Solution
Windows does not recognize the difference between speakers and headphones. You can however rename the connection to your liking and also change the icon.

Go to Control Panel and open Sound. On the leftmost tab, mark your unit and click Properties. On the General tab write Headphones (or whatever) in the name box, and then change the icon. Click OK.

D

Deleted member 2791851

I'll try this later and I'll update you if it did anything, thanks!