[SOLVED] My Computer Is getting bad frames when they should be way higher.

May 11, 2020
My pc is not getting the frames it should be. It's getting 60 fps when I have an i7-9700k, 1070 Ti, And 32 Gb of ram i also have a 240hz monitor so it's not getting what it should get obviously. I have vsync turn off also. I don't know what happen but if any 1 come help that would be nice or any solutions.

Solution
On most motherboards there's 2 pcie slots that'll handle a gpu. The upper is laned by the cpu and is full x16. The secondary slot (lower) can be either x8 or x4 (x2) depending on the mobo and is run by the chipset not the cpu. If you have the gpu in the lower slot on an x4 (x2) and a Sata m.2, they'll share the same lane and the x16 slot only sees x2 bandwidth. If no Sata m.2 it runs at x4. If the better motherboard, it'll run at x8.
My pc is not getting the frames it should be. It's getting 60 fps when I have an i7-9700k, 1070 Ti, And 32 Gb of ram i also have a 240hz monitor so it's not getting what it should get obviously. I have vsync turn off also. I don't know what happen but if any 1 come help that would be nice or any solutions.
ok try this:

1. Uninstall unused programs.
  2. Delete temporary files.
  3. Stop unnecessary start ups.
  4. Run a disk defragment.
  5. Run a disk clean-up.

And finally reset windows if u want

Just because you have a 240hz monitor does not mean you'll automatically get 240fps on all titles. In fact, very few titles will reach that high.

But you should be getting better than 60 in most titles.

What games are giving you issues? Are you locked at 60? Or do you have some fluctuations?

Reactions: RodroX
May 11, 2020
Is it only cod or other games? What have you tried to do about it?

If its getting 60, and only 60, something is locked with a frame cap. If it's only cod, its possibly a game issue.

Are you fully up to date, as far as windows, drivers, etc?
i tried to delete game, hard reset pc, refragment, clean space, delete stuff in temp folder.

_Blank_

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
have you set up your bios yet? try setting optimized defaults in your bios. Have you downloaded all the drivers you need from your motherboards website? Flash your bios. Chipset drivers, gpu drivers. Do you know if your using your gpu or integrated graphics?

May 11, 2020
have you set up your bios yet? try setting optimized defaults in your bios. Have you downloaded all the drivers you need from your motherboards website? Flash your bios. Chipset drivers, gpu drivers. Do you know if your using your gpu or integrated graphics?
im using GPU ive downloaded the latest drivers also do u think if ii reset bios to factory default it would fix it?

_Blank_

Reputable
Jan 24, 2017
im using GPU ive downloaded the latest drivers also do u think if ii reset bios to factory default it would fix it?
Try running user benchmark before anything, you could see what is under performing in your system. Reseting bios might work but make sure you updated your bios to the latest version first to see.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/ - this will run a benchmark on your system components

So is it getting exactly 60? No more,no less? Does it fluctuate? Have you tried the built in monitor?

If it's absolutely locked on 60, zero fluctuations, there may be an issue with afterburner reporting wrong.

I know you said you had no other games installed,but now would be the time to do so. Just to see if this problem is specific to cod or not. There's free games you can download on steam and epic currently if you don't want to spend money. I think even gta5 is free right now on epic.

It's worth a shot. If cod is the only game showing this behavior it could very well be a cod issue. Or a monitoring app issue.

If other games are locked at 60 then you need to deep dive into any possible locks you may have and not know about.

May 11, 2020
So is it getting exactly 60? No more,no less? Does it fluctuate? Have you tried the built in monitor?

If it's absolutely locked on 60, zero fluctuations, there may be an issue with afterburner reporting wrong.

I know you said you had no other games installed,but now would be the time to do so. Just to see if this problem is specific to cod or not. There's free games you can download on steam and epic currently if you don't want to spend money. I think even gta5 is free right now on epic.

It's worth a shot. If cod is the only game showing this behavior it could very well be a cod issue. Or a monitoring app issue.

If other games are locked at 60 then you need to deep dive into any possible locks you may have and not know about.
it will go below and above 60 to like the high 60s also in game

Latest posts