My computer just BSOD.

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
i'm not really sure what happened but the bsod has happened twice already. when i start my computer after an overnight shut down it will bsod in a few minutes. windows has tried to use the memory test utility and it came back with no errors. the error i am getting is 3b. i'm running windows 7.1 also i can't access my minidump. access denied.

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

sorry. pretty dumb not to include it. cpu is i5-3570k, igpu, psu is a strider(?) 750w. it's windows 7 sp1 and i can't think of much else. 3 hdd and 1 ssd.

Luchr1s

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
Hmm, could be that you have 4 storage devices installed into your computer, most unlikely though. Can you give some more specific details? Maybe some pictures? Also if your machine is custom built, and if you still have the manuals use them. You can even open your computer to see if any damage was done. Also have you tried to launch your computer in safe mode?

Luchr1s

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
And after you fix your problem, install any updates (not windows 10 though) and update your software and drivers, and definitely get a anti-virus program, windows defender is not enough. Oh and make sure you DO NOT place computer hardware on carpets or anything that induces static. USE a table or anti-static mat and or wrist band. AND NEVER TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE CASE WHILE THE COMPUTER IS ON!

youcanDUit

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
it just happened again. here's a picture.

hFfUFk5.png

Luchr1s

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

Sorry for the wait, have you tried clicking either of the buttons, try checking for the solution after you try pressing cancel. See if that helps.