[SOLVED] My computer sometimes turns on, sometimes does not. (It's not about the PSU, I sent it to the service.)

Jul 3, 2021
Hello, as you can understand from the title, my computer sometimes turns on and sometimes does not. First of all, like everyone else, I thought the problem was related to the PSU and went directly to the service. But they said the PSU has no problem. Later, I tried changing the places of the RAMs or installing them one by one, but the problem was still not resolved. I tried to run it by removing the video card but still nothing changed. I think the problem is with the motherboard, but I want to ask you before sending it for service. Because my computer sometimes works and I use it for 1 day without any problems. Even when my computer is turned on and off, the RAM and motherboard lights are also on, but the video card or any fan is not spinning. What do you think could be the problem? I think of a short circuit, but my wiring is fine. I would be glad if you help.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO WI-FI Z490 4800MHz(OC) DDR4 Socket 1200 M.2 Wi-Fi HDMI ATC
Processor: Intel® Core™ I9-10900K
Memory: CORSAIR 62GB (4x16GB) Dominator Platinum RGB Black 3200MHz CL16
Video Card: ASUS GeForce TUF RTX 3080 GAMING OC 10GB GDDR6X 320Bit DX12
Hard Drive # 1CORSAIR 1TB Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Hard Drive # 2CORSAIR 1TB Force MP600 Gen4 PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
Case: CORSAIR Carbide 678C
Power Supply: CORSAIR AX1200i 1200W 80+ Platinum

Solution
Memory: CORSAIR 62GB

62 GB? How's that possible. Also, 4x16=64. But enough of nitpicking. 😆

I thought the problem was related to the PSU and went directly to the service. But they said the PSU has no problem.

Unless you try to run your system with 2nd, known to work PSU, you can not rule out PSU issue. Also, just because you sent your PSU into service doesn't mean they did anything with it. Or they couldn't find the issue with PSU since the test system to which they plugged your PSU in, didn't put as high/low load on the PSU as your system does.

But if you want to have another culprit, other than PSU, then yes, next in line would be MoBo. Though, i personally, would try with 2nd, known to work PSU 1st, to rule out...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Memory: CORSAIR 62GB

62 GB? How's that possible. Also, 4x16=64. But enough of nitpicking. 😆

I thought the problem was related to the PSU and went directly to the service. But they said the PSU has no problem.

Unless you try to run your system with 2nd, known to work PSU, you can not rule out PSU issue. Also, just because you sent your PSU into service doesn't mean they did anything with it. Or they couldn't find the issue with PSU since the test system to which they plugged your PSU in, didn't put as high/low load on the PSU as your system does.

But if you want to have another culprit, other than PSU, then yes, next in line would be MoBo. Though, i personally, would try with 2nd, known to work PSU 1st, to rule out PSU issue completely. And if that doesn't change anything (PC still produces the same issue as with original PSU), then i'd be comfortable moving forwards and deal with MoBo.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS