[SOLVED] My CPU is not going above 50 C temp resulting it to slow down in performance.

Aug 23, 2021
I recently got my RX6600XT, but for some reason the games i play are kind of simillar with my old 1060 OC, so i looked at my HWMonitor both GPU and CPU are around 30-50% in usage and CPU always around 40 C max 56 C
5KVNs6i.png
i also ran a BurninTest which resulted as a pass
My PC build is:https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/45497817
GPU:RADEON RX 6600 XT PULSE GAMING 8GB GDDR6 PCI-EXPRESS
CPU:Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0
SSD:Kioxia-exceria SATA SSD 480GB
RAM:HyperX Fury 2666 C16 2x8G
PSU:ARESGAME Power Supply 650W 80+ Bronze Certified PSU

Valorant: Vsync off,Fullscreen,1080,Everything low running 180-200 FPS and around 50% CPU usage and 30% GPU usage
I updated my windows,power mode in performance mode, all amd stuff turned off, changed my thermal paste which changed nothing even though the old was dry and still getting the same thing.

Solution
Republic Riders it a game in open beta on epic games from ubisoft.

It's funny i literally tried everything... Csgo is running 120 fps which is pathetic...
when i change to ultra the framerate is almost the same with every game no matter what settings, it's like there is something blocking it, but in the same time bechmarks are taking 100% of cpu and gpu

That sounds like a cpu problem tbh, that's what I was going through with mine but not even 100% cpu usage, only like 70% cpu usage but then again it could have been, I never tried to push out max fps low settings 1080p like that...I could already tell with games running between 100-150 fps. 1080p and 1440p were the same fps, no matter the settings. I was lucky cause I didn't...
Aug 23, 2021
did you totally remove all existing graphics related drivers, files, settings with DDU before installing the new RX?
this is always recommended when changing chip manufacturer or when upgrading from a very old card.
I completely reinstalled my Windows with all the drivers, because i was hopeless. And ofc i installed the new ones.
I hope this pic will help somehow. I tried to compare it with a older card which was way better than this.
nUpOh94.png

Last edited:

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
I'd run a benchmark test you can compare vs others or reviewers benchmarks like one of the 3dmark timespy or something so you can make sure your card is actually running like it should. I'd run at 1080p and also do the 1440P benchmark and watch temps also for both. The problem at 1080P might be the ryzen 1600, if it's older games like above and you are trying to max out 1080P FPS, they are more cpu reliant but 112 fps does seem really low. I see other ryzen 1600 with 580 getting 250 fps. I'd run benchmark test make sure it works properly with both under good load.

Aug 23, 2021
I'd run a benchmark test you can compare vs others or reviewers benchmarks like one of the 3dmark timespy or something so you can make sure your card is actually running like it should. I'd run at 1080p and also do the 1440P benchmark and watch temps also for both. The problem at 1080P might be the ryzen 1600, if it's older games like above and you are trying to max out 1080P FPS, they are more cpu reliant but 112 fps does seem really low. I see other ryzen 1600 with 580 getting 250 fps. I'd run benchmark test make sure it works properly with both under good load.
Benchmarks run too good to be true, it can actually be a rival to 3060 but in the actual game, it's like it forgot what to do... i think it may be the problem with motherboard since the settings is complicated but the default should do idk what to do anymore :censored:.

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
So comparing and looking at valorant for example...180-200 fps....so a few things, I notice your ram is slower and if I'm not mistaken on first and even 2nd gen it was really important to have higher speed for ram and I think 3000-3600 is the sweet spot but 3000 could be a 10-20 fps difference vs 2666 MHz in a game like this. In the majority of games, there's probably not a large performance difference between 2666 vs 3000 MHz but in high fps, low res and low setting scenarios...cpu clockspeed as well as memory speed will have more of an effect. Especially if you are trying to run a game like valorant at max fps with low settings, you would want your CPU overclocked if you can and fast ram if you are trying to compare vs others. The GPU, especially one this powerful is not going to be the deciding factor for how much fps you get in this kind of scenario, don't get me wrong a better gpu will give you fps increase still but it's not as important here until you turn settings and resolution up or have a stronger cpu.

There were some R5 3600 and 5700XT benchmarks I saw with low settings 1080P that were on average around 240 FPS and that is mainly coming from the CPU difference, low cpu and gpu usage also. Third gen 3600 and even a 2600 vs 1600 in these type of scenarios can be a pretty major upgrade. These scenarios are more dependant upon either IPC or clockspeed and memory speed and/or a combo of all. The 5600x with 6600xt is getting 300-340 fps. It's all in ipc increase mainly generation vs generation for AMD. 3rd Gen they started to strike back harder, now the 4th gen 5600 is a gaming beast. Valorant is pretty cpu bound especially running low res, low settings ...cpu usage on the others were also low as well as gpu usage...all around 30-40% max for both of them. Even the 5600x and 6600xt that is pushing out 300-340 fps.

I would look at upgrade cpu and ram too if you can afford but I would cpu do first.

Aug 23, 2021
So comparing and looking at valorant for example...180-200 fps....so a few things, I notice your ram is slower and if I'm not mistaken on first and even 2nd gen it was really important to have higher speed for ram and I think 3000-3600 is the sweet spot but 3000 could be a 10-20 fps difference vs 2666 MHz in a game like this. In the majority of games, there's probably not a large performance difference between 2666 vs 3000 MHz but in high fps, low res and low setting scenarios...cpu clockspeed as well as memory speed will have more of an effect. Especially if you are trying to run a game like valorant at max fps with low settings, you would want your CPU overclocked if you can and fast ram if you are trying to compare vs others. The GPU, especially one this powerful is not going to be the deciding factor for how much fps you get in this kind of scenario, don't get me wrong a better gpu will give you fps increase still but it's not as important here until you turn settings and resolution up or have a stronger cpu.

There were some R5 3600 and 5700XT benchmarks I saw with low settings 1080P that were on average around 240 FPS and that is mainly coming from the CPU difference, low cpu and gpu usage also. Third gen 3600 and even a 2600 vs 1600 in these type of scenarios can be a pretty major upgrade. These scenarios are more dependant upon either IPC or clockspeed and memory speed and/or a combo of all. The 5600x with 6600xt is getting 300-340 fps. It's all in ipc increase mainly generation vs generation for AMD. 3rd Gen they started to strike back harder, now the 4th gen 5600 is a gaming beast. Valorant is pretty cpu bound especially running low res, low settings ...cpu usage on the others were also low as well as gpu usage...all around 30-40% max for both of them. Even the 5600x and 6600xt that is pushing out 300-340 fps.

I would look at upgrade cpu and ram too if you can afford but I would cpu do first.

KV5ygF3.png

I honestly think the problem is Motherboard i jsut found a post having the same problem and the only think we have same is Motherboard, it may be the temp sensor thinking and undervolting cuz the sensor can't go 50C+ I just tried Republic Riders and again... it's not able to hit its potential and ram was completely fine with the speed.

Btw thanks trying to help me, you're actually the only one trying, i appreciate the help.

ref: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/underperforming-pc.3720557/

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
You're welcome, what is that benchmark from? I mean, it could be motherboard related or chip related...I had issues with my 4790K at 1080P and 1440P...it was always way off from other 4790K performance, 30fps at times or more. Luckily I played at 4K and it worked fine in 4K so I never RMA'ed it or anything nor figured out what it was but when I did this last cpu upgrade it was crazy the difference in fps at those lower resolutions. Going from 100 fps to 170-180 in certain games, where it should have only been maybe 40-50 fps higher.

I see what that other guy is saying but he also said he saw same systems as his doing 350 fps but all the 3600's I saw were mostly around 200-300ish depending on GPU, probably overclocks on cpu and memory speeds. I did watch that video though and he does have 3600 MHz ram and 4.6 GHz OC on his 3600 and average fps was 305 and it is a 3060 and maybe it runs slightly better than 6600xt in valorant. I just saw a 6800xt vs 3080 in valorant at 1080p, same cpu but the 3080 had 527 fps vs 476 fps for 6800xt. It just might be one of those kind of games where one is a little better than the other too.

It's really hard to say. And on that same system with 6800xt vs 3080, he has a 5700xt and a 2060 non super and the 2060 had about 40 fps more than 5700xt even though 5700xt is quite a bit faster in every other game.

I'd take whatever that benchmark is from and run it at 1080p low settings and 1440P ultra settings to see if it changes.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021
You're welcome, what is that benchmark from? I mean, it could be motherboard related or chip related...I had issues with my 4790K at 1080P and 1440P...it was always way off from other 4790K performance, 30fps at times or more. Luckily I played at 4K and it worked fine in 4K so I never RMA'ed it or anything nor figured out what it was but when I did this last cpu upgrade it was crazy the difference in fps at those lower resolutions. Going from 100 fps to 170-180 in certain games, where it should have only been maybe 40-50 fps higher.

I see what that other guy is saying but he also said he saw same systems as his doing 350 fps but all the 3600's I saw were mostly around 200-300ish depending on GPU, probably overclocks on cpu and memory speeds. I did watch that video though and he does have 3600 MHz ram and 4.6 GHz OC on his 3600 and average fps was 305 and it is a 3060 and maybe it runs slightly better than 6600xt in valorant. I just saw a 6800xt vs 3080 in valorant at 1080p, same cpu but the 3080 had 527 fps vs 476 fps for 6800xt. It just might be one of those kind of games where one is a little better than the other too.

It's really hard to say. And on that same system with 6800xt vs 3080, he has a 5700xt and a 2060 non super and the 2060 had about 40 fps more than 5700xt even though 5700xt is quite a bit faster in every other game.

I'd take whatever that benchmark is from and run it at 1080p low settings and 1440P ultra settings to see if it changes.

It's funny i literally tried everything... Csgo is running 120 fps which is pathetic...
when i change to ultra the framerate is almost the same with every game no matter what settings, it's like there is something blocking it, but in the same time bechmarks are taking 100% of cpu and gpu

Reaper_7799

Distinguished

That sounds like a cpu problem tbh, that's what I was going through with mine but not even 100% cpu usage, only like 70% cpu usage but then again it could have been, I never tried to push out max fps low settings 1080p like that...I could already tell with games running between 100-150 fps. 1080p and 1440p were the same fps, no matter the settings. I was lucky cause I didn't play at that resolution but it would not run anythingin 1080p or 1440P above like 100-115 fps in games where it should run 180fps at same res and settings. Anything above 1440P didn't matter because CPU is hardly used, or rather you're more GPU bound so the difference is minimal in comparison and the cpu is not trying to push out 150-300 fps.

You could try to go through any oc's you may have and try and up any power limits and voltage etc for your cpu, check the infinity fabric speeds or mesh speed whatever it's called, make sure it's set to run 1800 Mhz instead of auto, it might be downclocking to 1333 MHz if it's on auto and trying to sync up with your ram and that can cause performance issues. That's why the 3600 MHz Ram speds work the best with Ryzen because it syncs at the 1800 MHz with the mesh or fabric and Ryzen likes to run the best performance with a 1:1 ratio ram speeds to infinity fabric speeds. Unfortunately I'm not a ryzen overclocker so I don't know all the ins and outs with it.

Reactions: PaTTeX
Solution
Aug 23, 2021
That sounds like a cpu problem tbh, that's what I was going through with mine but not even 100% cpu usage, only like 70% cpu usage but then again it could have been, I never tried to push out max fps low settings 1080p like that...I could already tell with games running between 100-150 fps. 1080p and 1440p were the same fps, no matter the settings. I was lucky cause I didn't play at that resolution but it would not run anythingin 1080p or 1440P above like 100-115 fps in games where it should run 180fps at same res and settings. Anything above 1440P didn't matter because CPU is hardly used, or rather you're more GPU bound so the difference is minimal in comparison and the cpu is not trying to push out 150-300 fps.

You could try to go through any oc's you may have and try and up any power limits and voltage etc for your cpu, check the infinity fabric speeds or mesh speed whatever it's called, make sure it's set to run 1800 Mhz instead of auto, it might be downclocking to 1333 MHz if it's on auto and trying to sync up with your ram and that can cause performance issues. That's why the 3600 MHz Ram speds work the best with Ryzen because it syncs at the 1800 MHz with the mesh or fabric and Ryzen likes to run the best performance with a 1:1 ratio ram speeds to infinity fabric speeds. Unfortunately I'm not a ryzen overclocker so I don't know all the ins and outs with it.
Alright i'll try to play with the settings and if that doesn't work i'll just buy a god damn Ryzen 9 xxxx xD just to finally rest, anyway thanks again even though there was no fix at least we kind of found out the cause of it...

Reactions: Reaper_7799

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
Alright i'll try to play with the settings and if that doesn't work i'll just buy a god damn Ryzen 9 xxxx xD just to finally rest, anyway thanks again even though there was no fix at least we kind of found out the cause of it...

Yeah, sorry friend, sometimes it ends up being like that but on the bright side you will thoroughly enjoy having a new very strong processor with loads of fps and a strong GPU going forward. I know I was blown away with upgrade to 10700 from my 4790K that had same problems.