Question My first pc build and it’s not working

Sep 11, 2020
Hey guys, I just finished building my first pc and it’s not working. I have it plugged in to power, connected to my monitor, which is also connected to power, but when I press the power button only the LEDs light up. The PC itself isn’t running and the monitor says “no signal”. Please I need help ASAP.

Let's start with you giving us the full system specs.

• Did you plug the 24 pins power connector on the board?
  • Did you plus the CPU power connector on the board?
  • Did you plug your GPU power connector if you have a GPU and it has power connector(s)?
  • Is the Monitor plugged on the GPU and not the motherboard? (If you have a GPU).

Sep 11, 2020

• Did you plug your GPU power connector if you have a GPU and it has power connector(s)?
  • Is the Monitor plugged on the GPU and not the motherboard? (If you have a GPU).

Sep 11, 2020

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
I double checked and I don’t think I did it wrong. The power switch pins are the 3rd and 4th ones from across the top right.
-By LED do you mean the chassis LED or the monitor's?
-Does the fans spin?
-Can you check if your PSU is turned on?
-If it is already on, try to reseat your CPU, just test it without the cooler to save you time.
-Check of if you connected all the psu cables especially the 24 pins and the CPU cable.

Sep 11, 2020
looks like your power button slot is empty
Which one? The only cords that the case had were the Power Switch and HDD LED. Both are plugged in. Power Switch is top right, and HDD LED is top left. The ones that aren’t filled are the Power Reset pins and the Power LED pins which did not have cords that came with the case.

Sep 11, 2020
-By LED do you mean the chassis LED or the monitor's?
-Does the fans spin?
-Can you check if your PSU is turned on?
-If it is already on, try to reseat your CPU, just test it without the cooler to save you time.
-Check of if you connected all the psu cables especially the 24 pins and the CPU cable.
The chassis LED, the ones on the case. The fans do not spin when I turn power the case on. The PSU is turned on, however i don’t know how to reset my CPU and test it.
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/Tfptsv2

Sep 11, 2020
Which one? The only cords that the case had were the Power Switch and HDD LED. Both are plugged in. Power Switch is top right, and HDD LED is top left. The ones that aren’t filled are the Power Reset pins and the Power LED pins which did not have cords that came with the case.
Sorry, HDD LED is bottom left.

Sep 11, 2020
I said reseat not reset which means physically check if it is correctly installed in the socket, and you need to remove the cooler
So here’s an update, the case fan and the cpu fan are both running now but the gpu fans are not. And although the gpu fans aren’t running, the gpu itself is getting warm. When I turn on the pc, I can’t turn it off unless I turn the psu off. Idk if this matters but when I connected the key board to the pc, the rgb doesnt light up. The monitor still says “No signal”.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
So here’s an update, the case fan and the cpu fan are both running now but the gpu fans are not. And although the gpu fans aren’t running, the gpu itself is getting warm. When I turn on the pc, I can’t turn it off unless I turn the psu off. Idk if this matters but when I connected the key board to the pc, the rgb doesnt light up. The monitor still says “No signal”.
If the keyboard is not lighting up it means that the motherboard is not posting, also first time boot takes a while up to 2 minutes.

Btw does the GPU/motherboard LED light up?

Anyways, make sure that you correctly connected the GPU power cable.
Also check if the DP cable is correctly plugged into the monitor and the GPU.
If this doesn't fix the issue, try one RAM stick at a time.
Check if your CPU is seated correctly, please don't press on it just place it in the right direction then lock it in using the lever.
Final thought, if all of this doesn't help, reset your motherboard by clearing CMOS.

Sep 11, 2020
The GPU and the motherboard don’t have LEDs. The GPU power cable is plugged in. The DP cable is also securely inserted. I’ve tried alternating the RAM sticks positions, but nothing changed. To check if the CPU is seared correctly I have to take off the CPU cooler right? But that thing has thermal plaster under it, wouldn’t it stick together?

Sep 11, 2020
If the keyboard is not lighting up it means that the motherboard is not posting, also first time boot takes a while up to 2 minutes.

Btw does the GPU/motherboard LED light up?

Anyways, make sure that you correctly connected the GPU power cable.
Also check if the DP cable is correctly plugged into the monitor and the GPU.
If this doesn't fix the issue, try one RAM stick at a time.
Check if your CPU is seated correctly, please don't press on it just place it in the right direction then lock it in using the lever.
Final thought, if all of this doesn't help, reset your motherboard by clearing CMOS.
The GPU and the motherboard don’t have LEDs. The GPU power cable is plugged in. The DP cable is also securely inserted. I’ve tried alternating the RAM sticks positions, but nothing changed. To check if the CPU is seared correctly I have to take off the CPU cooler right? But that thing has thermal plaster under it, wouldn’t it stick together?
[/QUOTE]

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
The dp cable should be plugged into the gpu not the motherboard. If it is is already done, please try just 1 stick of RAM.
And yes reseating the cpu can only be done by removing the cooler

Sep 11, 2020
The dp cable should be plugged into the gpu not the motherboard. If it is is already done, please try just 1 stick of RAM.
And yes reseating the cpu can only be done by removing the cooler
I have reseated the cpu as well as rebuilt the entire system, but there were no changes...