[SOLVED] My friend can't connect to my Hamachi Minecraft server

stormman34

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
Every time my friend want's to connect to my server, he get's one of these messages:
  • Connection lost: Internal Exception: java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
  • Connection lost: Disconnected.
Sometimes, he gets connected to my server but gets kicked out with the same messages. And even if he doesn't connect to my server, it says that he joined the game and shortly after, it says he left the game.

Here's what we did:
  • We got Hamachi set up, he's connected to my network.
  • He wrote my Hamachi IP address + the number MC gives you into server IP address so it looks like this: xx.xx.xxx.xx:xxxxx.
  • We both enabled Java in Windows Firewall in every profile (Private, Public and Domain).
  • We both have the same MC version and same mods.
  • I ran internet speed tests and my upload was about 0,6Mbps.
  • We both disabled all the mods and nothing changed.
  • We both are running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit if that matters.
Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I figured it out!

It was just that my and his internet was so slow that it couldn't render all of the blocks in time so MC just stopped trying to load them. When he lowered his render distance to the lowest setting, I could connect just fine.

stormman34

Reputable
Dec 17, 2018
I figured it out!

It was just that my and his internet was so slow that it couldn't render all of the blocks in time so MC just stopped trying to load them. When he lowered his render distance to the lowest setting, I could connect just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Sep 11, 2019
Can he higher the render distance after he connect for a while?

Hi, this solution worked for me.
However to be on the safe side I reduced my render settings, quit the world, reloaded it, opened to LAN again, had my friend lower their render distance, then join me. The aim was to reduce the amount loaded in the world as much as possible for when they load in. After this we increased our distance and everything was fine. Just give it a couple minutes to make sure first.

Hope this helps.