Question My games looks smooth but lag at the same time

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Hey guys so i have an i5 3470 gtx 970 10gb of ram , the problem that im facing is kinda weird or maybe my tv , unfortunately i dont have a monitor which is i dont know if its the issue , so when i have 32 inch JVC Tv i play with , when i play rocket league with 60fps stable , the game looks smooth , but sometimes i get this lag ( not frame drops ) just a lag on my tv looks like stutters but smooth if you know what i mean , its just a slow lag stutters after this it goes smooth , i notice whenever the car goes fast or maybe im wrong , is this a problem with tv?or should i change some settings? ( vsync is off )

If the TV has a gaming mode make sure that is enabled and all other image enhancements are switched off. Probably the only way to know if it’s the TV is to try connecting to a monitor and see if the problem goes away. Some TV’s are just not good for fast games but it could be something else.

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
If the TV has a gaming mode make sure that is enabled and all other image enhancements are switched off. Probably the only way to know if it’s the TV is to try connecting to a monitor and see if the problem goes away. Some TV’s are just not good for fast games but it could be something else.
Thank u mate for the reply , i think i fixed my problem , i went to control panel ( nvidia ) and turn on vsync globally , and it fixed the issue , and more slow lag stutter ,but unfortunately im i have input lag now

Jun 16, 2023
I think you are facing the famous heavy car bug in rocket league. This problem wide spreading more and more as I can see since~ 2015. Same kind of lag ( this actually not lag, just fps don't feel smooth , it's sluggish, jittery at 100+ or 300fps + don't matter here. Hitreg can be also affected) this issue t can be clearly seen in high fps games, such as csgo, valorant, battlefield, rainbow six ,pubg. If clean windows reinstall don't help you, then, I don't think anyone can help you with it. Only real fix is change your house,apartments or try play from computer club or friend PC. Vsync on/ off doesn't matter. You can google
Code:
inputlag blurbusters
if you want learn more of this problem from people around the world

Last edited: