My gaming pc isn't living up to the specs!

Dec 17, 2018
Hello! i recently purchased basically brand new gaming pc, Im very new to the pc scene. I'm working with :
intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.39 GHz
16 Gb installed DDr3 ram
GTX 1050 TI 4gb
2 500 GB sd storage
I mostly play fortnite.. and i did alot of research on recommended pc specs and mine seemed to be more than enough... On high settings i have 60 FPS with drops anywhere between 30-59 fps.. Really it is a smooth play most of the time only dropping to about 59 fps but i get random lag spikes which tend to happen in the worst moments..

Please if there is something i can possibly be doing wrong please tell me.. or is my pc specs just not good enough? thank you in advance!

Solution

Of course, even more.

1080p.png

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqut9S4uyw"][/video]
Dec 16, 2018
That's an old CPU and a low tier GPU. It's enough to work with but not enough to run with high frames and high settings. I would recommend turning your settings down so that you have higher frames in competitive games like Fortnite.

Dec 17, 2018

you think a 1070 Ti should keep me at a solid 100 fps.. even in the most extreme situations?

Dec 17, 2018

thank you so much man! always been a console gamer so I literally don't know anything about pc's lol. Last question, how do I know which Gpu would be compatible for my setup and do you have any recommendations.. From my searches they are many different models for the 1070ti

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You're doing well for a console person ;P

Your motherboard is new enough since you're running a 1050Ti so no problem there with compatibility.

The only concern is your power supply and the supplementary power connectors needed to run the card you purchase. Some 1070ti models require only an 8pin pcie cable and others 8pin + 6pin. Such as these;

149869_large.jpg

Would want a reasonably good quality psu with the necessary connectors to match the card you buy so do investigate.

A good quality unit like the Evga Supernova G2 and Seasonic Focus 550watt will run a 1070Ti but would go a 650w just for the little more leg room if you're in need of a power supply.

Important to remember. Modular cables providing power, ie ATX 24pin, cpu 12v, sata, cannot be mixed from other psus. Pinouts can be different and high chance of shorting components.

Picture of modular psu;

EVGA-SuperNOVA-650-G2-80-GOLD-Certified.jpg

So i wouldn't go plugging Corsair cables into that, even though they look the same. The pinouts in the wiring behind the plug can be different. Even the same brand but different psu models can change. Always keep to the cables the psu came with.

As for 1070ti model, go for an Asus or Msi at least two fans, preferably 3 fans. Single fan gpus you gota worry if that fan dies, theres no others to back it up. Performance between all models will only be 1 or 2 fps difference. Look at reviews to see which is the quietest best cooling card is what i'd look at.