Question My Gaming PC keeps Freezing when I do something.

jeremy0906

Prominent
May 8, 2018
So I been having a slight issue where I occasionally would have my pc freeze from time to time, like on startup my mouse courser would lag a freeze because something was running in the background, and every little thing in task manager would have “High Power Usage”. For almost anything actively running. I recently upgraded to a Ryzen 7 2700x with a Asus motherboard and new trident Z RGB RAM 16Gb 3200mhz. I thought it was maybe my OS so I did a complete fresh install, but when I start up I still notice the lag on the cursor. And when I open a program specifically epic games launcher, the entire Screen and PC just freeze. I have a feeling that I might have a bad PSU. Just wanted to ask the community before I make another investment on a part. My current specs are:
Ryzen 7-2700x/Trident-Z-3200mhz/Corsair RM850i/ Asus Strix X470-F gaming Mobo/ NZXT KRAKEN x72 Liquid cooler/ Asus GTX 1070

A failing power supply would not cause these issues.

This is either a bad motherboard or bad RAM.

EDIT: Wait... it did this before and after replacing the motherboard, CPU and RAM?

Are only the graphics card and PSU the constants?

Last edited:

jeremy0906

Prominent
May 8, 2018
Update: just saw the temps for the CPU and it’s HOT with 85-104C degrees with liquid cooler and the wraith CPU cooler when installed on both. Not sure what to do now.

jeremy0906

Prominent
May 8, 2018
A failing power supply would not cause these issues.

This is either a bad motherboard or bad RAM.

EDIT: Wait... it did this before and after replacing the motherboard, CPU and RAM?

Are only the graphics card and PSU the constants?
Yes before I had a Asus board, and a intel core i5-6600k and would occasionally freeze and reset my PC. But with these new parts the PC freezes and I have to hard reset to turn it off.

jeremy0906

Prominent
May 8, 2018
Ok... Just saw your post about the CPU temperatures. That's REALLY hot. Something is wrong there.
I was using a program called “Speccy” to tell me the temp, but I decided to use “Ryzen Master” and the Temp there would tell me it was 35-40 degrees C. But the fans would still spin FAST when I even open a program. I tried using both my Liquid cooler and the Wraith Prism CPU cooler and the CPU is still hot. Trying to guess if it’s either the CPU or Mobo

TRENDING THREADS