[SOLVED] My GPU Temp goes up and down a lot

Aug 28, 2020
Hey everyone, I had a problem with my GPU Temp ever since the first month of owning the computer and now it goes up and down in temp at least 10 times in 1 charge. I bought the laptop in August so I don't know if I have to clean the fan or something since I bought it recently. It went from 43 degrees Celsius to 71 degrees when I was typing this and by the way my room is in room temperature and it has enough room for ventilation. It does it every 5 minutes or so even when it's unplugged.

Specs:
Windows 10 Home

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U

AMD Vega RX 10 Graphics

512 GB SSD

16GB DDR4 Ram

Solution
Most laptops with mid to high end CPU and GPU and inadequate cooling suffer from heat issues.
If you search for "HP laptop overheating" you will find countless complaints.
Have you try the HP Command Center app?
The app has 3 options to adjust the cooling...look under thermal control.
Have you check HP support website for graphics and BIOS updates? Which BIOS version does the laptop have?
Aug 28, 2020
The model is HP Pavilion 15-cw1598sa and it was retailed for £799. The model was released in 2019 and I bought it on July 30th 2020 and used it on August 1st 2020, hence why I said August. It also has a 1080p display if you needed to know that too and I used it on my table on room temperature by the way. If you want the userbenchmark score, here it is (I ran it because I just wanted to know if it was a fast enough machine to do my work) : https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/38919043

Most laptops with mid to high end CPU and GPU and inadequate cooling suffer from heat issues.
If you search for "HP laptop overheating" you will find countless complaints.
Have you try the HP Command Center app?
The app has 3 options to adjust the cooling...look under thermal control.
Have you check HP support website for graphics and BIOS updates? Which BIOS version does the laptop have?

Solution
Aug 28, 2020
I don't have HP Command Center but I do have HP Coolsense. Also, the BIOS version is F.42 Rev.A and it says it's the latest bios for the laptop. I also had to update my drivers through AMD'S Website as they didn't have the adrenalin version of AMD Graphics Panel but everything else is stock OS from HP.