[SOLVED] my hard drive does not appear anywhere after abruptly stopped while installing operating system

Dec 3, 2019
hi! i just tried to install Ubuntu into a friend's old machine, and the power cut at the middle of the installation. tried to do it again, but the hard drive has not appeared anywhere after that idk what to try his hard drive is a Segate Momentus 5400.6 250 GB.

(the problem is on the hard drive. i have tried it on countless computers, to no result. does not appear in diskpart,device manager troubleshooting,or file explorer.

any help is appreciated

(PS: I do not know anything in this field)

Dec 3, 2019
what i mean is ive tried diskpart,and device manajer to search for it but i do not see it there or anywhere else.
and there are no tutorials on the internet i have not tried as there are not many of these cases as well

Dec 3, 2019
i am very new to this. let me re explain.: i was helping a friend install ubunu on his machine, and using this hard drive as the main. the power went at about half the instalation and i think it corrupted the hard drive but after that, the computer was not recognizing the hdd and i have not been able to make it appear anywhere.

The reader head might have gotten stuck. There are some YouTube videos about resetting it but once you open it not in a "Clean room" it shortens the life might be worth it if you are trying to get some data off it or yo can buy a referb for about $20