My i5 6200U only running at 33%, 0.8ghz

Mar 22, 2018
Hi i bought this laptop 2years ago every thing was find till yesterday, suddenly it's get lag then i reset laptop. After that windows update something and when i came back and play game i feel somethings wrong, fps is low and CPU max temp is just around 50*-60*.
I was try to reinstall windows, update bios,some method on the internet but nothing change, i test stress by CPUZ and open task manager but CPU utilization just 33% and speed at 0.8ghz.

Sorry for my bad English

Solution
- Try unchecking "disable turbo". Keep an eye on your temps when you do this.
- Try unchecking Speed Shift - EEP. It is a feature you want to have so if that doesn't help then recheck it.
- Consider uninstalling the recent Windows update that seems to be causing this bug.
- Updating chipset drivers also may help.

More drastic options:

- Flash the BIOS
- Windows reset
Mar 22, 2018

Ya i tried to increase Maximum Processor State and Minimum Processor State to 100% but still the same

What software are you running when you check these percentages? Intel SpeedStep will cause your CPU to run at much lower than 100% speed if you aren't running any applications that require more from the CPU.

You could try Prime95 to see if a different stress-test will force the CPU to run at 100%.
https://www.mersenne.org/download/#download
(either of the top-two download options depending on 32-bit or 64-bit test).

Check your BIOS and make sure the update didn't change the voltages supplied to your CPU or that it's been accidentally underclocked. I can't find the stock-voltages for that particular CPU yet. If you can find them then make sure it's configured correctly in the BIOS.

Mar 22, 2018

Thank you for your reply
Before i try to test by games and bench with CPUZ and Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility. I checked BIOS but have no options about Intel SpeedStep or anythings related to voltages :|.
Here the result of Prime95 check:
https://imgur.com/a/6VbeE
https://imgur.com/a/DnLdg
6VbeE

DnLdg

and the temp of CPU still around 50-60*

jr9

Estimable
You definitely have either a Windows or BIOS setting limiting your CPU power.

- Try the test with power cord plugged in. Also ensure that high performance mode is the current power plan.

- Look around in your BIOS settings for anything that could be limit CPU power. Look for words like power saving or green. If you give your laptop model that would be helpful.

Mar 22, 2018

-I'm using HP Probook450G3. Ichecked Bios settings but did't see anything related to power saver like you said, even adjust core clock or voltage.
-Here the picture with Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility warning about current limit throttling and i don't know how to fix this

N7fR1we.png

Mar 22, 2018

Here the result when i set offset voltage to -125 mV with this setting
pCBKFq9.png

it seem CPU got faster but still far than 2.3Ghz. Shoul i lower voltage because when i change it to -250 mV System crash immediately

jr9

Estimable
- Try unchecking "disable turbo". Keep an eye on your temps when you do this.
- Try unchecking Speed Shift - EEP. It is a feature you want to have so if that doesn't help then recheck it.
- Consider uninstalling the recent Windows update that seems to be causing this bug.
- Updating chipset drivers also may help.

More drastic options:

- Flash the BIOS
- Windows reset

Solution