[SOLVED] My laptop battery not working now after i fixed power supply.

Jun 8, 2020
I took my laptop to repair and they called me it was repaired since it was my laptop not charging problem. They called me next day said it was fixed they charged me $35 dollars. It was working finally after months 3,4 month i was happy. I ran tests by pressing f12 (dell lnspration) it said your all components are working fine. I cant stay there for waiting to charge so, i missed to cheek charging . When i got home and charged for 3 hours 😂 excited to open laptop it didn't opened.
I cheeked everything power supply, charger light, there was light on laptop.
(When i took that before repair my laptop charging port was damaged from motherboard and my laptop died just out of battery) and unable to charge)
What can i do now?
-Is my battery is dead by not using
-should i cheek by charging over night
-should i visit there again it takes me 3 hours to reach there.
(Shoud i pay extra money again)
Anyone here to help😞

Solution
A good battery health should be above 85%.
A ok battery health should be above 70%.
That laptop battery at 48% health won't last an hour fully charged with moderate use (e.g. browsing the web).
A healthy battery voltage should be between 12000mV -13200mV (65 W adapter)
There should be a battery Current Flow going (max 1200 mA on a 65W adapter) while the battery is charging.
That battery is not longer charging or holding a charge. It shows no current flow going into the battery.
You should replace the battery.
Which Dell Inspiron model do you have?
Is your power adapter in good condition?
If the power light is blinking , your laptop could be stuck on sleep mode. While connected to the power adapter, press the power button for 6 seconds, then release the power button. The light should stop blinking. Now turn on the laptop by pressing the power button.

If that does not do the trick, unplug power adapter, remove the battery & press the power button for 20 seconds. Connect the power adapter only and power on the laptop.

Depending how hard you push the tip of the power cable when connecting it to the laptop, the charging port might just get pushed in.
The charging port is hold by a tiny screw and a couple of flimsy plastic clips.

Reactions: Godgiveproblems
Jun 8, 2020
Thanks ☺ for replying
I have 3537 dell i just repaired today!! So, i have to ho there again its pain but what can i do im just sad right now. I had lot of plans after laptop gets fixed.
Does it just 0% and taking time to recover should i charge it overnight after applying your recommendations.
If it is battery its fine i can buy it
Just can you tell me does it happens when battery light is full white. And not blinking.
Battery is not removed but it opens it means there is power coming on battery and then going to pc right.

thanks for fast reply

Did the shop repair the damaged charging port?

Laptop batteries do not last forever.
It is possible that the laptop battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
There may be some proprietary circuitry in the Dell battery that requires a Dell replacement; a so called "compatible" oem replacement might not work.

Jun 8, 2020
Yes ! They said it was fixed ,they were not friendly to ask all questions.
They haven't charged it they were busy i plugged it it there thinking battery is dead and ran all analysis f12 dell analysis it said good so i just left.
Why i don't think battery but why it must be battery
(Months ago)
When it was not charging my laptop shut down it said battery is low connect charger. And port connection was damaged.
I fixed that and now battery is dead. I can use it while plugged in.
Should i save some money if they charge me again ! And buy battery myself

Jun 8, 2020
Did the shop repair the damaged charging port?

Laptop batteries do not last forever.
It is possible that the laptop battery has failed and needs to be replaced.
There may be some proprietary circuitry in the Dell battery that requires a Dell replacement; a so called "compatible" oem replacement might not work.
They haven't charged it they were busy i plugged it it there thinking battery is dead and ran all analysis f12 dell analysis it said good so i just left.
(Months ago)
When it was not charging my laptop shut down it said battery is low connect charger. And port connection was damaged.

Jun 8, 2020
Which Dell Inspiron model do you have?
Is your power adapter in good condition?
If the power light is blinking , your laptop could be stuck on sleep mode. While connected to the power adapter, press the power button for 6 seconds, then release the power button. The light should stop blinking. Now turn on the laptop by pressing the power button.

If that does not do the trick, unplug power adapter, remove the battery & press the power button for 20 seconds. Connect the power adapter only and power on the laptop.

Depending how hard you push the tip of the power cable when connecting it to the laptop, the charging port might just get pushed in.
The charging port is hold by a tiny screw and a couple of flimsy plastic clips.
(Months ago)

When Dell diagnostics was finished, what's the battery health %?
Since they are not up front telling you what they fixed, they might not have fixed anything.
How old is the laptop?
If that laptop is more than 5 years old, the battery might need to be replaced.
The 3000 series is the value line of Inspiron and Dell uses the less expensive components.
It could be that the battery was dead from the beginning and they did not fix anything.

Jun 8, 2020
It doesn't even cared just ticked and moved on i can send photos if you need to help me other working fine pc is all good accept that im just worried for if they damaged my charging connection.
All tests passed!!

Jun 8, 2020
No it runs even without battery so it was really needed to fix
Battery is changed and its warrenty was finished on 2018 maybe i have to get new.
I am doing tests again no problems on battery system didn't noticed it.
Since they are not up front telling you what they fixed, they might not have fixed anything.
How old is the laptop?
The 3000 series is the value line of Inspiron and Dell uses the less expensive components.
It could be that the battery was dead from the beginning and they did not fix anything.

Jun 8, 2020
Battery is changed and its warrenty was finished on 2018 maybe i have to get new.
How old is the laptop?

Jun 8, 2020
Sorry im waisting your time. Last request.
How to find if all other things is fine its only battery.
I have one current pass cheeker which only lights up that one and current is coming from laptop charging teeths i don't know less or high voltage .
Thanks noone gives this much time i aopricate it
How old is the laptop?
i am

It doesn't even cared just ticked and moved on i can send photos if you need to help me other working fine pc is all good accept that im just worried for if they damaged my charging connection.
All tests passed!!
Could you post a picture of the battery test results or just the battery health % .
The test could pass even if the battery cannot longer hold a charge.

You could change some settings to avoid the laptop from locking up if the battery dies while the laptop is on.
-If you have Windows 8-10 disable Fast Startup.
On Windows 8 and 10 the system does not completely shuts down when there is power available.
It kinds of hibernates, saving its state to RAM so it can boot faster. That could cause an issue if your laptop battery dies completely while on that state.

-Change When I press the power button to Shutdown.
If the system is setup to go to sleep when pressing the power button and the laptop is sleeping when the battery dies it could make the laptop to get stuck and refuse to boot until memory data is cleared.

-In Power Options settings change Low battery action to Shutdown.
If the laptop goes to sleep on low battery and the battery dies it could make the laptop to get stuck and refuse to boot until memory data is cleared.

If it runs well without the battery, then the battery is the issue.

So you replaced the battery in 2018.
If you got one of those cheap batteries sold online (e.g. eBay, Amazon, etc), they will not last more than a year.
Some of them could even damage a laptop.

Jun 8, 2020
Thank you for your help!!
I will ask them i have phone number. Or i will try to get orginal battery . My main point on all of this is if i go there tommorow they me fix it and ask for extra money. Of led is glowing its probably not broken motherboard connection.right!
If i buy new one i will be able to run! It Should i use it without battery until then!!
What can i do tho not damage my power supply again!!

Jun 8, 2020
How old is the laptop?
Sorry ! I finally get it
Tell me what was the problem chart shows
-primary battery charge 1% -current1%-hhigh/low 1%
-primary battery health 48%-48%-48%
-voltage -10100 mV high-10102 low-10098
-current flow 0% h/l -0%
-charging state-idle high-Na low-Na
-ac adapter -65watt

Cpu fan 3200RPM

Sensores - 25-24 c

That laptop battery at 48% health won't last an hour fully charged with moderate use (e.g. browsing the web).
There should be a battery Current Flow going (max 1200 mA on a 65W adapter) while the battery is charging.
That battery is not longer charging or holding a charge. It shows no current flow going into the battery.

Last edited:
Solution
Jun 8, 2020
That battery is not longer charging or holding a charge. It shows to current flow going into the battery.
Thanks 😊 I'm too much happy and i think my laptop damages Everytime at this time beacouse when i repaired it 3 years ago i have to change my battery too! Other is fine right then i should not have to worry about system motherboard thanks brother now i can sleep happily 🙂 so i buy new battery with verified supplier and it will run ! Right can i use without battery for that period until it arrives?

I will keep battery plugged in all as you recommended. how to disable faster startup🙂
Click the Start button and go to "Settings" , "System" and click on "Power & sleep"
Click on 'Choose what the power button do' link
Click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' link
Uncheck 'Turn on fast startup (Recommended)'
Click on 'Save changes' button
Reboot.

By the way make sure your power adapter can power and charge the battery at the same time.
Sometimes power adapters go bad.
You could use your power adapter on another Dell or HP laptop that uses the same plug.

Jun 8, 2020
Thank you so much🙂 i dont think adapterbis bad beacouse when i was using on the repair shop i charged it for 20 min or so,when i removed it opwered off.
I saw someone on internet saying battery just adds up load and heat the system😁 lets belive it and wait for new battery.
Thanks fo your help it made me sure what is the problem. As you said sleep mode is bad i changed all things to shut down whenever i click or close anything.
(I will try to use it 3 hours at a one session and let it cool down)
(Hope it stays fit for few years while studying and i can buy new one after that)
Thank you so much again 🙂 you earned my respet