Question My laptop doesn't see my HDD

hiitsioana

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
please please please help me 😥😥
I tried downloading a picture from shareicon.net and it wasn't downloading so I thought I didn't press the button right so I pressed again and nothing happened. Then I went on the picture page and tried again 2 times. Then an error popped up: D:\Desktop is unavailable.. .
I rebooted my laptop and now my desktop was blank and both my ssd and hdd weren't showing up in This PC. After a couple minutes the SSD showed up but my hdd still isn't showing up.
Please help me, I have a lot of important stuff on that hdd plus my parents will be very mad if I broke this laptop.

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-format-new-hard-drive-windows-10
Follow the steps here and then tell me if it worked or not, hopefully it will but, formatting the HDD will clear the drive. IF you want to keep all that stuff on the drive you should plug it in elsewhere backup the important things and then format it. If you can't plug the drive in elsewhere because the problem is with the HDD you might have to take it to a computer repair shop. It wouldn't be your fault the drive broke unless you were tampering with it. Hope this helps.

momowicket

Honorable
Sep 19, 2018
Yeah, you can do that without formatting but I'm not sure if it will work. Just go to Disk Management. Right click on the drive and select 'new simple volume', while it takes you through the set up wizard, while doing this make sure to deselect format or your drive will be cleared.

USAFRet

Titan
please please please help me 😥😥
I tried downloading a picture from shareicon.net and it wasn't downloading so I thought I didn't press the button right so I pressed again and nothing happened. Then I went on the picture page and tried again 2 times. Then an error popped up: D:\Desktop is unavailable.. .
I rebooted my laptop and now my desktop was blank and both my ssd and hdd weren't showing up in This PC. After a couple minutes the SSD showed up but my hdd still isn't showing up.
Please help me, I have a lot of important stuff on that hdd plus my parents will be very mad if I broke this laptop.
Please give us some details about the whole PC setup. As much detail as you can.
"D:\Desktop" is unusual.

hiitsioana

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Update: today when I opened the laptop everything was back to normal. I did a scan and the antivirus didn't detected anything so everything is ok.
As for your question my desktop is on D because I set it up to be there because I sometimes I save stuff to desktop to find them easily so I didn't want to fill up my SSD ( the C drive ) with useless stuff.
As for the setup I have a Lenovo Y700 with a i7-6700 HQ, two GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 1T HDD and a 128 GB SSD both from WDC.
Thank you for all your help and have a nice day!