[SOLVED] my laptop screen flickers when not on battery

Jan 11, 2022
my laptop (Asus X555LJ) has an external graphics card (gt950m)

it's around 1-2 years old, the screen has started to flicker whenever i remove the charge, it doesnt matter how charged the battery is, i even tried a new battery and flicker still occurs.
i also plugged the laptop into an external screen while on battery, no screen flicker on the external monitor, but the laptop monitor still flickering

what could be the problem? is it fixable? i assume its either the screen or the shield but they're really expensive to replace
appreciate

Solution
Hi there! I’ve disassembled some laptops and usually the LCD screen cable /connector and the pin are located nearby the power plug, so if u can, u might want to try disassembling your laptop and check the screen connector, maybe it had loosen a little (?) u should also check i there is any tearing on the connector. The cable is usually tiny and kinda fragile so maybe your movements triggers the flicker. If thats the problem then you shouldnt worry much because the cable price is not that expensive, probably around 10-20 USD. Hope this helps, cheers!
Jan 13, 2022
Hi there! I’ve disassembled some laptops and usually the LCD screen cable /connector and the pin are located nearby the power plug, so if u can, u might want to try disassembling your laptop and check the screen connector, maybe it had loosen a little (?) u should also check i there is any tearing on the connector. The cable is usually tiny and kinda fragile so maybe your movements triggers the flicker. If thats the problem then you shouldnt worry much because the cable price is not that expensive, probably around 10-20 USD. Hope this helps, cheers!

Solution