[SOLVED] My moniter gets stuck in boot up with a grey screen.

Sep 28, 2020
So I recently have tried building a PC. My dad got a motherboard from work and says it's a gaming motherboard although its quite old. I got a newer moniter a dell 144hz. I dont know if it's a problem with the motherboard but that's what I assume. I have everything else; graphics card, harddrive, cpu, power supply. I just dint know what it is. My dad thinks it's a frequency problem but I dont know. Quick note he is extremely stubborn so convincing him is very hard. I was unsure about the motherboard but didnt have a choice.

Solution
the pc parts you listed are really not on point.
If u can,connect the pc to a TV or some other display that works,download SPEECY (link for download: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download)
-Also open your pc,and take a picture of you POWER SUPPLY STICKER,so i can know what unit it is and if its powerful enough to produce a display.I think the psu is the problem,since if you bought a prebuilt pc,the psu are often trash
So I recently have tried building a PC. My dad got a motherboard from work and says it's a gaming motherboard although its quite old. I got a newer moniter a dell 144hz. I dont know if it's a problem with the motherboard but that's what I assume. I have everything else; graphics card, harddrive, cpu, power supply. I just dint know what it is. My dad thinks it's a frequency problem but I dont know. Quick note he is extremely stubborn so convincing him is very hard. I was unsure about the motherboard but didnt have a choice.
can you list the full pc specs?

the pc parts you listed are really not on point.
If u can,connect the pc to a TV or some other display that works,download SPEECY (link for download: https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download)
-Also open your pc,and take a picture of you POWER SUPPLY STICKER,so i can know what unit it is and if its powerful enough to produce a display.I think the psu is the problem,since if you bought a prebuilt pc,the psu are often trash

Solution