[SOLVED] My monitors keep shutting off when plugged into my integrated GPU ?

Sep 6, 2020
So it seems like plugging my monitors into my Integrated GPU will work only until the pc automaticly shuts my monitors off due to being idle. Then when I wake it back up the monitors lose signal and won't turn back on until i unplug the power cable from the monitor and wait 5 seconds then plug them back in. Any help would be appreciate

No I do not have a Standalone discrete GPU only the IGPU, but when I did have a discrete GPU it would work fine, only seems to happen with the IGPU.

My motherboard is a ASUS Z170-AR if that helps as well.

Solution
What is the make/model of your psu?
These days, motherboard defaults seem to go overboard in lowering voltages when idling components. Some older gen parts are not ready for that.

Look in the bios and see if you can't disable some of the more aggressive sleep c states.
A monitor, particularly an older monitor needs some power to be able to detect a wake up signal.

You might also want to increase the time out for monitors so you don't get into that situation as often.

I see that on occasion with an old monitor and switching it off/on seems to do the trick.
Sep 6, 2020
So it seems like plugging my monitors into my Integrated GPU will work only until the pc automaticly shuts my monitors off due to being idle. Then when I wake it back up the monitors lose signal and won't turn back on until i unplug the power cable from the monitor and wait 5 seconds then plug them back in. Any help would be appreciate

No I do not have a Standalone discrete GPU only the IGPU, but when I did have a discrete GPU it would work fine, only seems to happen with the IGPU.

My motherboard is a ASUS Z170-AR if that helps as well.

CPU: I7 6700K
MB: ASUS Z170-AR
RAM: 16 GB (2x 8GB) Crucial ballistix
GPU: IGPU

What is the make/model of your psu?
These days, motherboard defaults seem to go overboard in lowering voltages when idling components. Some older gen parts are not ready for that.

Look in the bios and see if you can't disable some of the more aggressive sleep c states.
A monitor, particularly an older monitor needs some power to be able to detect a wake up signal.

You might also want to increase the time out for monitors so you don't get into that situation as often.

I see that on occasion with an old monitor and switching it off/on seems to do the trick.

Solution