Nov 19, 2023
Hi, this is my first post here so sorry if its formatted wrong.
I really need some help! As the title says I'm having a HUGE issue with my Gpu or so I thought ( GeForce RTX
3070) after installing the driver 545.84. After installing this update whenever I try to boot up overwatch it plays for a little then whenever I hop into a game I get a black screen on both my screens and I can still hear stuff for a little then I have to shut off my pc to get it to go back to normal .I also noticed that my fps will be all over the place when I do get into a game.

I have been trying to look for a solution all over google and YouTube but nothing is working. I've tired using DDU and uninstalling the drivers and installing 545.84 again and it's the same thing. Then I try uninstalling that one and installing a older one and still nothing. I even tried the holding down windows, ctrl, shift, B thing and it does nothing.
Even today I reset my whole pc to start from scratch and still nothing. My pc worked fine before updating the drivers.

Then my partner thought it might be bios so he updated the bios to see if that fixed it and it fixed it for a few days then right back to going blackscreen in games. So that didnt fix it.

So we decdied it might be the gpu so he got a RTX 4070 and it came in today and we wiped the drivers with DDU and did the drivers thing ands it was working fine and we thought that it was just the old gpu but then I booted up Overwatch got through a whole game and at the end of the game both my monitors went black and the pc stayed on until i turned it off to use the pc again.

At this point I dont know what is wrong with our pc and really just need some help figuring out why this is happening and to fix it cause I'm on my last straw with it, any advice to fix this issue is appreciated and if you have any questions to try and help I'll answer. Thank you

Specs:
GPU: (Old GPU)ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 AMP Holo, MSI Geforce RTX 4070 (New GPU)
CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 5600X
Ram: 16GB triforce fan ddr4 rgb
Power Supply: thermaltake 700w 80+gold
Motherboard : msi b550-A pro
Cpu Cooler: Deep cool AS500 Plus

COLGeek

Cybernaut
How old is your PSU and what is the exact model number of it (on label on side of PSU)?

What, if anything, are you overclocking (CPU, GPU, memory)? If anything, stop and revert to stock speeds.

This sounds like a likely heat and/or power issue. I am leaning towards power at this point.

Reactions: TrinityBlood100
Nov 19, 2023
Need the actual model number to determine if your GPU is actually getting enough power. What you are describing is typical of an under-powered GPU.

Also, is your motherboard BIOS fully up to date?
Toughpower Series PS-TPD-0700NNFAG I think this is the model number, and BIOS is fully updated we updated it about a week ago. We used that power supply for the whole 10 months so i don't know if that would be the issue, since when the screen shuts to black the pc is fully lit and nothing looks shut off.