Question My motherboard RGBs are turning on, but nothing else is.

Mar 28, 2020
The title is pretty self explanatory, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I did the paperclip test, and my PSU works fine. I also attempted to hotwire my computer, however, that did not work. I don't have a monitor, and my QLEDs on the motherboard are not turning on. I'm not sure what other troubleshooting I should do.

EDIT: This is my first time building a PC, and all the parts are new.

Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce 1660 Super
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus (Wifi)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 Gig
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Case: Corsair 220T Airflow
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Samsung 560 EVO 500 Gig

Last edited:

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
  1. Unplug everything from the motherboard. (except the power button for while).
  2. Reset the BIOS using the CMOS Jumper or by removing the CMOS Battery and leave it for 5 minutes while pressing the power button.
  3. Then plug the PSU in and the CPU Cooler and 1 stick of RAM at DIMMA2.
  4. Then try to go into the BIOS and update the BIOS.

The title is pretty self explanatory, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I did the paperclip test, and my PSU works fine. I also attempted to hotwire my computer, however, that did not work. I don't have a monitor, and my QLEDs on the motherboard are not turning on. I'm not sure what other troubleshooting I should do.

EDIT: This is my first time building a PC, and all the parts are new.

Specs:
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce 1660 Super
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 Gig
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Case: Corsair 220T Airflow
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Samsung 560 EVO 500 Gig
You didn't list most important part Motherboard.

Mar 28, 2020
  1. Unplug everything from the motherboard. (except the power button for while).
  2. Reset the BIOS using the CMOS Jumper or by removing the CMOS Battery and leave it for 5 minutes while pressing the power button.
  3. Then plug the PSU in and the CPU Cooler and 1 stick of RAM at DIMMA2.
  4. Then try to go into the BIOS and update the BIOS.
I do not currently have a monitor

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
I can’t access the Bios. I can’t even turn the computer on.
That's what I'm asking. Even if your computer can turn on there won't be any video output since you don't have any monitor. Hmm.

Either your motherboard is bricked or you check your CPU if there's any bent pint. Don't tell me you haven't plug in the 24 pin? But even if there's any problem with the CPU, the motherboard will turn on. But if the motherboard is bricked, then there's no hope besides RMA it.

Mar 28, 2020
That's what I'm asking. Even if your computer can turn on there won't be any video output since you don't have any monitor. Hmm.

Either your motherboard is bricked or you check your CPU if there's any bent pint. Don't tell me you haven't plug in the 24 pin? But even if there's any problem with the CPU, the motherboard will turn on. But if the motherboard is bricked, then there's no hope besides RMA it.
I have plugged in the 24 pin. I’m going to Best Buy for them to check if my motherboard is actually broken.