Question My new GTX 1070 keeps blacking out

kamiwyvern2

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
My new GTX 1070 keeps blacking out randomly when in Windows. Sometimes it won't update the position of my cursor fast enough. It's not blacking out then staying dark it'll come back on after a second or so and it'll be back to normal. I've used DDU and I've even reinstalled windows but everything seems to be slowing down. Before upgrading to my new card I had an AMD R9 390. I also reinstalled windows and used DDU before upgrading. In game it doesn't seem to be as bad. I'm using the newest drivers.

metallfan

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2013
I've got 1070 as well and when doing some research I saw that a few people reported that GPU problems were caused by the power supply cables not being fully inserted into card's sockets. Sounds like may have popped out slightly when the card got heated for the first time, may be worth having a look?

kamiwyvern2

Prominent
Oct 6, 2018
I've got 1070 as well and when doing some research I saw that a few people reported that GPU problems were caused by the power supply cables not being fully inserted into card's sockets. Sounds like may have popped out slightly when the card got heated for the first time, may be worth having a look?

I heard something similar so I swapped the cables entirely.

Reactions: metallfan