[SOLVED] My new laptop is not running on its full potential!!

Feb 16, 2021
I purchased ASUS TUF FX505DT last month which has AMD Ryzen 7 3750H, 16GB RAM, 4GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 Dedicated Graphics andd 512GB SSD. After using it for a month I don't think that it is working at its full potential. Certain games like Genshin Impact(medium graphics settings), Valorant(medium),COD MW 2(high) etc. felt laggy and heats up laptop easily. I also do programming in my laptop and C++ programs take a considerable time in compiling(more than my old PC which was 2nd gen i3 , 4GB ram pc). I tried to unpack fitgirlrepacks's AC odyssey and it took 3 hrs to do whereas it took 3.5 hrs on my old pc and 50 mins on my brother's laptop which only has AMD Ryzen 7 4800H as its processor. Overall performance is not upto point if compared to what hardware I have. Sometime while playing games my windows crash and Laptop restarts automatically(fixed auto restart issue). Windows hangs constantly even if my C drive is almost empty. What can I do to improve my performance?

Thanks for reading my problem and sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english is not my first language.

Solution
Hey there,

There has been lots of similar posts in recent days regarding this very thing.

Most gaming laptops, will run hot. Sometimes to the point where they throttle as the CPU is getting too hot. The clockspeeds dial back to allow the CPU to cool down, sometimes dialling back quite far, which has the effect of destroying a gaming session. This varies in degree going from different manufacturers and the cooling systems they use.

You can confirm if the CPU is throttling, by running a demanding task and monitoring the clockspeed and temps. You can do this on the desktop by running HWMon/Info with lets say cinebench multicore CPU run. At the start the clockspeed will be high and will after a few minutes possibly drop in speed. as...
Hey there,

There has been lots of similar posts in recent days regarding this very thing.

Most gaming laptops, will run hot. Sometimes to the point where they throttle as the CPU is getting too hot. The clockspeeds dial back to allow the CPU to cool down, sometimes dialling back quite far, which has the effect of destroying a gaming session. This varies in degree going from different manufacturers and the cooling systems they use.

You can confirm if the CPU is throttling, by running a demanding task and monitoring the clockspeed and temps. You can do this on the desktop by running HWMon/Info with lets say cinebench multicore CPU run. At the start the clockspeed will be high and will after a few minutes possibly drop in speed. as temps quickly ramp up. Then you know it's throttling

Solution