[SOLVED] My pc doesnt utilize the full bandwidth available

Jan 19, 2021
So i have a internet speed of 90 and i tried a speed test and got 85 download but when i download games i only get about 11 ~ megabits per second how do i fix this or is it normal? please help

Solution
like i said i did a speed test and i can download stuff with my browser the speed test said megabits so i assumed it was megabits but ok i was just asking a question not asking u to criticize me for misspelling a word calm down lol

Then you need to provide a screenshot of where you're getting this 11 something.

This is a hobby that requires precision. Whether your download was in megabits or megabytes is the difference between something being wrong and something working exactly as it should. Sometimes, getting a single letter or number wrong can be something that destroys a key component.

If you're going to get all hot and bothered by being asked to be precise, you're going to be hard-pressed to find anyone to spare...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
How are you measuring 11 megabits per second from download? Steam and XBox do not express download speeds in megabits but in megabytes. MBps and MB/s means megabytes. Mbps and Mb/s means megabits. They are not the same thing. There are eight bits in a byte; ISPs give speed in megabits while actual downloads are given in megabytes.

Jan 19, 2021
How are you measuring 11 megabits per second from download? Steam and XBox do not express download speeds in megabits but in megabytes. MBps and MB/s means megabytes. Mbps and Mb/s means megabits. They are not the same thing. There are eight bits in a byte; ISPs give speed in megabits while actual downloads are given in megabytes.
like i said i did a speed test and i can download stuff with my browser the speed test said megabits so i assumed it was megabits but ok i was just asking a question not asking u to criticize me for misspelling a word calm down lol

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

Then you need to provide a screenshot of where you're getting this 11 something.

This is a hobby that requires precision. Whether your download was in megabits or megabytes is the difference between something being wrong and something working exactly as it should. Sometimes, getting a single letter or number wrong can be something that destroys a key component.

If you're going to get all hot and bothered by being asked to be precise, you're going to be hard-pressed to find anyone to spare the time to help you with your possible problem.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution