HEELLLP!

May 22, 2019
image0.jpg

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
ive been told battlefield a high cpu usage game
and im using low settings

It is very much. It could be that your CPU is causing your problems. It appears to be bottlenecking your capable video card.

Battlefield V needs at least six threads. You could do this with a six-core, six-thread CPU; a four-core, 8-thread CPU; or better. I would strongly recommend better.

I have tried Battlefield V with a 6-core, 6-thread AMD FX-6300 before. Even though it was paired with a capable video card, it was not a pleasant experience.

May 22, 2019
It is very much. It could be that your CPU is causing your problems. It appears to be bottlenecking your capable video card.

Battlefield V needs at least six threads. You could do this with a six-core, six-thread CPU; a four-core, 8-thread CPU; or better. I would strongly recommend better.

I have tried Battlefield V with a 6-core, 6-thread AMD FX-6300 before. Even though it was paired with a capable video card, it was not a pleasant experience.
I knew it was something with cpu. Thanks for clarifying

Reactions: davew1860

davew1860

Prominent
Feb 6, 2019
I knew it was something with cpu. Thanks for clarifying

That’s my suspicion.

I hope someone will back me up on that.

The CPU is especially taxed during those huge, 64-player conquest matches because there is so much physics, map area, stats, etc. to keep calculate.

I have also played the game on an 8-core, 8-thread AMD FX-8350. Although that experience was clearly better than on the aforementioned 6300, it still dipped below 60 FPS.

By the way, both of those processors were even overclocked by 0.5GHz.

So I switched to the system in my signature, which includes the 8-core, 16-thread Ryzen CPU. Those upgrades made a night-and-day increase in performance. I now mostly stay above 100 FPS on ultra settings at 1080p.