[SOLVED] My pc is turning off when playing any game or doing anything after some time

MejiMOCO

Commendable
Aug 29, 2019
Watch the language
Hi , this started happening to me like 1 month or half month ago, it started turning off when playing games or anything else, just randomly turning off after some time of being on, there are 2 chances:

1. Its probably a error with the CPU configuration or Cpu temperature, but , if this would be the error causing my pc to turn off, why its happening now and didnt happen until i turned it on for the first time.

2. I have a generic PSU of 500W , could it be Removed up or already wasted?

Please help, i just want to fix this up before christmas

My specifications:

Motherboard: ASUS P6TD DELUXE EDITION

CPU: Intel I7 980X 3.33Ghz

GPU: MSI GT 730 4GB DDR3

RAM: 24GB DDR3

PSU: Generic 500W (it came free with the Pc Case)

Hard drive:

-1 HDD 500GB
-1 SSD 250GB

I think that PSU could be Removed up, but there are another chances, please help

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yes it is indeed the PowerSupply.

If it were the CPU or GPU it would be time dependent and not load dependent (when shutting down).
However,
While on your way it's a good idea to buy some cheap thermal paste and replace it anyways. I doubt it has been opened in years.

Xtergo

Reputable
May 4, 2015
Yes it is indeed the PowerSupply.

If it were the CPU or GPU it would be time dependent and not load dependent (when shutting down).
However,
While on your way it's a good idea to buy some cheap thermal paste and replace it anyways. I doubt it has been opened in years.

Reactions: MejiMOCO
Solution
Well you have a 1366 motherboard from 2009ish and along with changing CPU thermal paste you are over due to pull the chipsets heat sinks and refreash. I bet put a game on and play for a few minutes shut down computer and reach in and feel those heat sinks, there cooking. A well placed fan is helpful as well to those heat sinks to keep them happy and computer singing.