Question My PC isn't displaying on monitor or peripherals after power outage

Aug 16, 2020
Hey!

Recently had a power outage on a PC that was working perfectly beforehand. Wasn't used too often - but was built in mid 2017.

Parts are as follows:
CPU - Intel i5-7400
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H DDR3
RAM - 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4
GPU - MSI GTX 1060 6GB
Power Supply - Corsair CX600

Recently, I had a power outage as I was beginning to turn off the PC, to which this point, I had never had an issue. I turned the PC back on to find that my PC booted, but didn't display an image on my monitor and the peripherals aren't working either (keyboard and mouse). The PC turns on, lighting up the motherboard LED and spins the CPU fan - and the power supply has never been an issue before with this. LEDs on the front of the

I have researched several ways to fix it, including YouTube and taking it apart to fix it - so I'll list off what I have tried.

1. Monitor works with another laptop and HDMI cables I used originally in the setup.
  2. Mouse and Keyboard work as well with other systems.
  3. I have taken the PC apart to clean with compressed air and re-apply the thermal paste for the CPU, in case of any issues there. Then putting it back together to the same issue.
4, I have checked for bent pins, the CPU to be fried and everything else, but it all seems to be working perfectly.

I have been alluded to 2 possible solutions - either to replace the Motherboard or the PSU. The PSU seems to have resilience for power surges, and so does the Motherboard. But as I slowly enter the mouse USB in to the front USB slots and the motherboard slots directly, I get some quick light up in the mouse that isn't sustained, to which indicates it's on (but still no display) - so I assume that the peripherals on the Motherboard are getting sufficient power - but are just faulty. The other, being the PSU could be faulty and surged, therefore not providing the power needed to the rest of the PC.

Thoughts and what to try next? Please note - that I have no display so I am unable to test BIOS and such, and my motherboard doesn't beep at all - which I have also tried to use from other forums.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2020
Hi @rockbacktalk,

I have unplugged everything from the CMOS and put it all back in to reboot it.

I have tried to boot without drives to no avail. Still no BIOS at all - there is no response from the PC on the display front.

TRENDING THREADS