Question My PC lost windows

Oct 14, 2024
Hello there, HELP

So my pc was working fine as for yesterday no instability, no crashes system wise nor program wise nothing seemed different nor new I put my pc to sleep and woke up the next day with it shut down, I didn't think much of it because from time to time the electricity goes out but this time it booted me into the windows setup installation window (No installation media is inserted nor any non-sata stronge devices)
t2vIsV6.png

What do I know: I took some movies and games from my friend's SSD however this wasn't the first time I took the SSD from him and the PC worked fine back then (he didn't Share it with anybody before i took it) also note I used a sata to usb adopter to transfer the data.

Also there was a windows update before this i tried uninstalling said update through this windows installation but it gave me an error, the only new program i download was Visuals studio 2022 , no torrents, no games and nothing download from browser.

My system:

Windows 11 Version 10.0.22621.2861

CPU: Ryzen 5 7500f
GPU: RTX 3070TI msi ventus
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B650M-E WIFI
2 HDDs 500gb
SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB
Bios: Version BIOS 3040 (latest version)
Note: I had this PC for about6-7 months

Oct 14, 2024
disconnect the ssd of your friend and try booting
set the boot priority to windows boot manager or the boot drive
Oh I just took what I wanted and disconnected it. It is not on my rig now.
Sorry I didn't clarify this.
And yes I sat the boot priority to windows boot manager and right after it is the boot drive.

Last edited: