Question Random loss of PC performance after GPU replacement - Anyone help?

Oct 14, 2024
Hello, I put a new 3060 card in the PC. After switching on, the PC works fine, the graphics are quiet and fast, but after a while, sometimes an hour, sometimes two, or after sleeping and waking up, the PC is extremely slow. Not only GPU is slower but overall PC performance (I think also SSD read or CPU..) But since the cursor also cuts, nothing can be done, I just restart the PC and then it works again. Temperatures on both cpu and gpu are low and performance is low.
Does anyone know what it is? Has this happened to anyone?
I tried to reinstall the drivers, delete and put the current ones or delete and put some older ones but no change, it still happens.
I also tried another 3060 gpu and it does the same thing (only the PC slowdown is not so significant). If I return the original 2060 gpu or 1050 gpu to the pc, the pc works normally.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Did you run DDU throughout your GPU swaps? If not, run DDU to remove all GPU driver(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Oct 14, 2024
your CPU or GPU can overheat forcing it to run at a lower clock speed to prevent hardware damage. PCI Express vs. AGP vs. PCI - Before purchasing a new graphics card, inspect your system to find out what type of slots it supports for graphics cards.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
your CPU or GPU can overheat forcing it to run at a lower clock speed to prevent hardware damage. PCI Express vs. AGP vs. PCI - Before purchasing a new graphics card, inspect your system to find out what type of slots it supports for graphics cards.
Since a 3060 only comes in PCIe, I'm pretty sure this concern is moot (non-existent).

Reactions: MCH170 and MEMOFLEX