nrsaShubham

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
From last 2 months i am experiencing starnge problem in my PC...it is keep restarting in every 15-20 min of use...3 months ago i upgraded my ram from Corsair lpx 2400MHz 8gb to G.Skill tridentz 16gb 3200 MHz rgb...qnd it works normally for one month...but after one month this problem started...i am unable to figure out exact reason of this problem...so i tried to reinstall every component of the pc..but it doesnt help...then i tried clearing bios using jumpher...this also doesnt work then. i thaught may be older buos doesnt not support 3200MHz...so i tried Flashing latest version of bios...and that dayMy pc works normally ...i tried 8 hrs..and it is running smoothly...but after 2-3 days...same problem again started..i tried checkin temperature too...and qll components of system is running below 50 degree celcius...so it is not heating problem too...
Plz help me to figure out the problem. and solution for it

Ryzen 5 1600 at stock speed
MSI B350 tomahawk MB
G.Skill Tridentz 3200MHz rgb
Cooler Master 240ML liquid cooler
Corsair VS 550watt
Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6gb
samsung evo ssd 120gb
WD 1 tb blue
Windows 10 pro with latest updates

other components.attached with MB....if the have any effect...
NZXT Hui+
TP link wifi adaptor
6 case fan including AIO fan

I'd suspect it's your VS 550w PSU. If it's random restarting, that's the sign for me. If it was a BSOD, then I'd think differently. BSOD could be a mem problem or CPU problem.

Can you get your hands on another PSU to test? Maybe a friend has one you can swap out for a day to see. Then once you know you could consider ordering a new one.

The Corsair VS isn't the worst PSU, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend one to anyone. Getting a decent EVGA G2/G3, Corsair RMx, Seaonic Focus Plus would all be good choices as a replacement.

Reactions: nrsaShubham

nrsaShubham

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
I'd suspect it's your VS 550w PSU. If it's random restarting, that's the sign for me. If it was a BSOD, then I'd think differently. BSOD could be a mem problem or CPU problem.

Can you get your hands on another PSU to test? Maybe a friend has one you can swap out for a day to see. Then once you know you could consider ordering a new one.

The Corsair VS isn't the worst PSU, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend one to anyone. Getting a decent EVGA G2/G3, Corsair RMx, Seaonic Focus Plus would all be good choices as a replacement.
No it was not BSOD....is their any way to check PSU without other?because it is hard to find other

nrsaShubham

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017

May be it is PSU problem..because i getting shock like feeling if i touch anything without wearing slippers ..like cabinet or io shield or anything alttached to it like usb...or mobile mettalic parts
attached with usb.....i am using 3 pin plug which is grounded even after this getting shock

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Having 3 pins wouldn't necessarily mean the outlet is grounded.

Although unlikely with and AIO; is that 50C at idle? If it is idle temps the temps would raise a lot and if they exceed a certain limit (varies for different components) the component might throttle/down clock or shut down the system.

Having said that, as said above, the VS series of corsair are not really good. How old the PSU? I'd suggest you get a good-quality 550W unit.

Also you mentioned Hue+, so I assume you have RGB fans. Does this still happen if you turn Hue+/RGB on fans off?

No it was not BSOD....is their any way to check PSU without other?because it is hard to find other

Not really any other way to check, other than to try another one. You can get a tool to check the output of the PSU, but you'd have to get that in a hardware store.

If you find the PSU is sparking, then I'd advise not to use it further. You run the risk of damaging more components. Get a new PSU, don't use your current one, and you should be good to go when it's replaced.

nrsaShubham

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
Having 3 pins wouldn't necessarily mean the outlet is grounded.

Although unlikely with and AIO; is that 50C at idle? If it is idle temps the temps would raise a lot and if they exceed a certain limit (varies for different components) the component might throttle/down clock or shut down the system.

Having said that, as said above, the VS series of corsair are not really good. How old the PSU? I'd suggest you get a good-quality 550W unit.

Also you mentioned Hue+, so I assume you have RGB fans. Does this still happen if you turn Hue+/RGB on fans off?

Outlet is grounded it is confirmed
50 degree is max i noticed...it is not at idle....
PSU is 3 year old like whole system
yes this is happening even after turnoff HUE