Question My PC no longer plays sound and does not properly shutdown/restart anymore

Oct 16, 2019
I powered on my computer yesterday and everything was working normally. Then I shut it down and later that night, I started it again and realized that there was no sound playing. I clicked the speaker icon in the taskbar and it showed steam streaming audio or something like that, not the usual realtek hd audio or speakers. I've looked in device manager and can't find any realtek drivers or HD audio drivers. I've tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers but that changed nothing and they don't show up in device manager. While attempting to fix the issue, I tired to restart my computer only to find that my keyboard, mouse, and monitor turn off but not my actual pc (the LEDs in my case stay on) causing the restart to pause. The same thing happens when I try to shut it down. I have to manually hold down the power button to turn it off. Both of these issues occured at the same time so I'm wondering if they're connected somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Perellex/saved/ymXFt6

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019
I powered on my computer yesterday and everything was working normally. Then I shut it down and later that night, I started it again and realized that there was no sound playing. I clicked the speaker icon in the taskbar and it showed steam streaming audio or something like that, not the usual realtek hd audio or speakers. I've looked in device manager and can't find any realtek drivers or HD audio drivers. I've tried reinstalling the Realtek drivers but that changed nothing and they don't show up in device manager. While attempting to fix the issue, I tired to restart my computer only to find that my keyboard, mouse, and monitor turn off but not my actual pc (the LEDs in my case stay on). The same thing happens when I try to shut it down. I have to manually hold down the power button to turn it off. Both of these issues occured at the same time so I'm wondering if they're connected somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PC Specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Perellex/saved/ymXFt6
I should also mention that in the motherboard explorer in my BIOS, it does not show that I have any headphones or speakers connected.