[SOLVED] My PC randomly killed itself awhile back and I need help

May 23, 2020
My computer <Mod Edit> itself basically awhile back, and I don’t know why. I was able to run literally everything perfectly. And then is started getting very obscure BSOD error codes that no one knows the cause of when I look up. Figured someone here might be able to help me go forward with either parting and selling and replacing. The error codes I just got after booting after a while are:

DRIVER_ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

INVALID_KERNAL_STACK_ADDRESS

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I just don’t know what to do anymore. Device manager says everything is running properly and I formatted the harddrive too Incase it was a virus but there wasn’t. It keeps BSOD still. I feel like there has to be some hardware problem I just can’t figure out what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Run memtest86.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download the free edition here:
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

I might suspect a heat issue.
FX processors run hot and the motherboards they use were not very good at keeping itself cool.

Verify that your cooler has not loosened.
Are your parts dusty?
See that the cpu cooler gets a good supply of fresh air to do it's job.
Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
May 23, 2020
list all parts in system and check if you have the latest driver in it .

MSI Radeon R7 370 4gb
AMD FX-8350 Black Edition
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
3x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws
1x Kingston HyperX 4gb

do you need to know the power supply and HDD too?
Also yeah everything was updated and the likes. I’ve done stress tests and they seem normal but once it’s on for like 5-10 minutes it just BSODs and keeps doing it a few times on restart and then boots normal and then inevitably does the same thing

Run memtest86.
It boots from a usb stick and does not use windows.
You can download the free edition here:
https://www.memtest86.com/download.htm

If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

I might suspect a heat issue.
FX processors run hot and the motherboards they use were not very good at keeping itself cool.

Verify that your cooler has not loosened.
Are your parts dusty?
See that the cpu cooler gets a good supply of fresh air to do it's job.
Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.

Solution
May 23, 2020
I believe I have run memtest before with no problems. Not from usb stock though. I also have no had prior problems with the mem like that for a year or two but I wouldn’t say it’s impossible obviously. As I don’t know that much. I did used to have issues with heat and I paranoid checked constantly always had the window up making sure I wouldn’t be using too much processing speed and stuff. But I found out it was just cuz it was old and grody thermal paste on the heat sink. So I replaced it and stuck it back on. I have a few fans in the case too. But I will take a look at what you mentioned