Question My PC won’t boot

Feb 12, 2023
I’m not sure how to do this. This is my first time ever posting on a forum so I hope I’m doing this right lol.

But anyways, I ran into an issue with my pc not working and was wondering if anyone has had the same issue and knows how to fix it or any ideas on what could be wrong.

My pc turns on but I get a black screen and the gpu fans only spin for like 2 seconds. Also on the motherboard the VGA light comes on which means the gpu isn’t being detected but the boot light also comes on sometimes after the vga light. All the case fans turn on and spin same as the gpu cooler and all the lights. My monitor automatically turns on when I turn the pc on but then it says no signal detected. I’ve already swapped the motherboard and the drive and neither of those things seemed to be the issue but idk what else it could be. I mean I’m sure it could be anything else at this point but I don’t have the funds available to check the other parts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2023
Firstly, we're going to need your full system specs: cpu, gpu, motherboard, psu, RAM etc. Is this a new build?

Well umm it’s a prebuilt pc so most of the specs I’m not sure about. I got it from a friend also. He said he bought it in 2018.

Ryzen 5 1400
Msi B450m bazooka max wifi
Gigabyte GeForce 1060 3gb

Everything else has no markings on it so I couldn’t tell you.

Feb 12, 2023
Firstly, we're going to need your full system specs: cpu, gpu, motherboard, psu, RAM etc. Is this a new build?

This seems to be the same exact build. It had the same case and same specs, but if it is 100%, I couldn’t say for sure. And of course I changed the motherboard to an MSI B450m bazooka max wifi

SpecificationProcessor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400 4-Core 3.2GHz ProcessorMotherboard: A320 Micro-ATX MotherboardVideo Card: GeForce GTX 1060 3G (Brand Varies)Memory: 16GB DDR4 2400 Gaming Memory with Heat Spreader (Not Generic Memory)Power Supply: 500 Watt Smart 80 PLUS Certified PSUHDD: 1TB HDD 7200 RPMOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
[GAMER'S CHOICE] SkyTech Archangel II Gaming Computer Desktop PC AMD Ryzen 5 1400,GTX 1060 3GB, 1TB HDD,16 GB DDR4, WINDOWS 10 Home