Nov 13, 2020
Hello Community,
FIrst of all, I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong place.
I started having trouble with my PC. I usually put it in stand by over night instead of shutting it down. One day I had to restart it, but then it wouldn't boot into Windows. Instead it remains frozen at the motherboard screen.
I managed to get into bios and manually select the SSD that has Windows installed on it and got it to work. The problem is that each time I shut it down or restart it, I bump into the same issue and I have to go to boot menu and select the specific SSD in order to get to Windows.

Here's what I tried so far:

I changed the boot priority, but it doesn't work unless I click it manually from boot menu.
I tried removing the CMOS battery for at least 10s and putting it back in. Before putting it back in I tried it on a flashlight and it didn't turn on (maybe the battery is dead, but I didn't get any CMOS related error).
I checked the RAM sticks on other PC and the memory slots and seem to work fine.
I also updated the BIOS from F8 to F10j. Didn't make any difference.
---------------------------------------------
This is my configuration
ASUS Z390UD
i9-9900K Coffee Lake-R, 3.60GHz
Gigabyte GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB, 256bit
Corsair Vengeance 64GB, DDR4, 3200 MHz, CL16, 1.35V
SSD Kingston A400, 480GB, 2.5", SATA III
SSD Adata XPG SX6000 512GB PCIe M.2

Hello Community,
FIrst of all, I apologize in advance if this thread is in the wrong place.
I started having trouble with my PC. I usually put it in stand by over night instead of shutting it down. One day I had to restart it, but then it wouldn't boot into Windows. Instead it remains frozen at the motherboard screen.
I managed to get into bios and manually select the SSD that has Windows installed on it and got it to work. The problem is that each time I shut it down or restart it, I bump into the same issue and I have to go to boot menu and select the specific SSD in order to get to Windows.

Here's what I tried so far:

I changed the boot priority, but it doesn't work unless I click it manually from boot menu.
I tried removing the CMOS battery for at least 10s and putting it back in. Before putting it back in I tried it on a flashlight and it didn't turn on (maybe the battery is dead, but I didn't get any CMOS related error).
I checked the RAM sticks on other PC and the memory slots and seem to work fine.
I also updated the BIOS from F8 to F10j. Didn't make any difference.
---------------------------------------------
This is my configuration
ASUS Z390UD
i9-9900K Coffee Lake-R, 3.60GHz
Gigabyte GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB, 256bit
Corsair Vengeance 64GB, DDR4, 3200 MHz, CL16, 1.35V
SSD Kingston A400, 480GB, 2.5", SATA III
SSD Adata XPG SX6000 512GB PCIe M.2
Take a look at Disk Management and see if all partitions required for BOOT including C: is on only one disk and second disk is not set to active.

Nov 13, 2020
Second disk is set as Recovery Partition.
I am still facing the same issues. In the boot priority list I have:
  1. Windows Boot Manager (the other SSD, not the one with Windows installed on it)
  2. The actual Windows SSD
  3. USB Device

Even though I changed the boot priority, when I restart, it won't boot because the first option is always the Win Boot Manager with the other SSD - so I have to get to boot menu and manually select the SSD that has Windows on it.

Has anyone got into this problem before? I must admit, I am not very good with BIOS settings. My Bios Mode is set to Legacy (not sure if this info is helpful).
Here's the Disk Management view
View: https://imgur.com/a/8KBko1y

And here is the System Information
View: https://imgur.com/a/fUsYE4G

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks