Question My PC won't post since turning on Safe Boot

Feb 19, 2023
Hello to whoever is reading, I recently got a problem with my computer by turning safe boot on. It requested for me to enroll a platform key to turn on and when I did the very same my pc wanted a restart to apply these changes. When the PC turned off it never posted since. The PC does turn on but gives out no signal and the CPU fan ramps up then dials down every couple of seconds or so, the screen is pitch black and on my older monitor says "no signal". The reason for turning on safe mode was for riot vanguard to work on the newly installed win11. I've tried to reseat the ram, removing the graphics card, changing the CPU and removing the drives to get into bios. I tried to remove the CMOS battery to let it drain for hours, also made a short circuit for it to drain faster (don't worry it wasn't plugged into the PSU). Since all of it didn't work I checked the cables and the monitor but they worked perfectly fine on another system. Then my friend came in and we tried to swap components with his ones, one by one and nothing. He later checked if his components still worked and they were completely fine. We swapped everything even the PSU and the only thing left was the motherboard itself. It's an "ab350m-ds3h v2 rev 1.1". It's been updated and worked fine on win10. Now I'm stuck and don't know if there's anything left for me to do and I really need the PC to work by Friday 24th because of school. Please I hope someone knows a solution!

Enabling Secure Boot on Gigabyte boards quite often ends with corrupted BIOS. If you have CPU with integrated graphics try booting with monitor connected to motherboard, it MAY work with a lots of luck. Otherwise, you are pretty much down to replacing/reprogramming BIOS chip and even that is not guaranteed to work. If you are really in hurry then new board seems to be the only option. And don't go Gigabyte if you really need Secure Boot.

Reactions: Cheami
Feb 19, 2023
Okay, ty for the response. Was thinking of reprograming the bios/uefi chip but I might just buy a new motherboard since its due an upgrade :)

Last edited: