Question My PSU makes a slight almost unoticable bussing sound, but it won't turn on

Jun 5, 2024
I recently built my pc, but it won't turn on. The only thing that happens is that the PSU starts making a small electric sound. It was at an it store earlier today too and it worked fine there. I have been building it for almost three weeks too since I forgot to buy an SSD when I first made it so the case has been open the whole time. I didn't think that would affect anything but is that bad?

My pc:
CPU: Ryzen AMD 5 7600x
Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360
Motherboard: MSI B650 EDGE wifi ATX
SSD: Corsair Force MP600 CORE XT SSD 2TB PCIe 4.0 M.2
Ram: Corsair Vengance RGB DDR5-5600 32GB CL40 Dual Channel
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4060
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO SSD 1TB 2.5'' SATA 600
PSU: Corsair RM750
Case: NZXT H9 Elite

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MPGB650EDGEWIFI.pdf

Verify that I found the applicable User Guide.

Start by reviewing the User Guide. Double check that all installed components are supported and correctly configured. Go step by step through the Guide and review all that you have done.

Power down, unplug, open the case. Ensure that all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

If the CPU has been installed leave it as is for now.

One thing you can do is to carefully unseat/ reseat or unplug/replug everything a few times as applicable. No one wants to force anything especially with a new build so what feels tight and secure may not be. You may discover that something suddenly goes into place much more cleanly and smoothly.

Only the intended boot drive should be installed at first.

Also confirm that the first physiclly installed RAM module was placed in DIMMA2 (per Page 28).

Note the important warnings on Page 29.

Front Panel connectors (Page 36) can be confusing. Check the connections and pinouts in detail.

Hopefully just some error of omission or commission. Take your time, read carefully, keep notes about questions, configuration settings, and other things that you do.

Reactions: marliyna