Question My seasonic 650 focus gold is not working since i connect to my pc

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
I recently got a new power supply because my pc died, the engineer told me i had to replace the psu, the old one is a 500w, and i changed to 650

So i bought this semi modular seasonic focus 650w gold because of the good reviews i saw of being affordable and one of the best psu's brand for affordables pc

i tested it with the tester jumper of the psu and it worked fine

the problem, is when i connect cables to my pc, and is all ready to boot, i saw that the fans of cpu and all motherboard and lights of graphics card just flashed one time, and it all stopped
never booted again (the same freaking problem my pc always had, so the engineer was wrong? and i wasted a lot of money?)

disconnected all cables from pc, and leave the psu alone to use it again with jumper boot, and it didn't worked, fan is not moving,

So i have a little story about my damned pc, cause all my pc's die with the same issue, <Mod Edit> shortcuits.

so this is the story of my pc, i didn't bought a all mounted new, i just replace what is not working
  • i5 9600k (before i5 6400
  • gtx 1070
  • gigabyte ds3h b365m (before asrock h110m)
  • Seasonic focus 650w 80 gold (before iceberg 500w 80 white)
  • ram 8gb
  • ssd 480 (before only hdd 1tb)
i'm starting to think my pc is damned, or i'm having a lot of bad luck
can you help? i have 6 months without pc, and i work with 3d programs, so you can understand how really <Mod Edit> up am i now :'(

is my psu not working or maybe is just blocked for caution?

NEW EDIT:
Oh <Mod Edit>, i jus trealized i plugged the cpu fan connector wrong, could it be?

Last edited by a moderator:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So i have a little story about my damned pc, cause all my pc's die with the same issue, <Mod Edit> shortcuits.

There's only one thing that All of your pc's have in common, no matter what parts you have or have not replaced. That's the household electric. I'd start there, and make sure your pc is actually getting the power it's supposed to be getting. Check the socket with a meter while running something heavy duty like a hairdryer.

pacmaniack

Reputable
Jun 19, 2020
Theoretically, short circuit protection should "save" the PSU. But you might have to unplug it for a while, wait for the main cap to drain, and then try again.

Well, hearing that is a relief... i may say, i also tested the pc with my old psu the 500 one, and all seems to be working ok, all fans turn on, including cpu fan, i guess that mean for now, that those components are ok, right?

like how much time do i have to wait for the psu to recovery itself?

TRENDING THREADS