Question My second monitor starts flickering when the GPU usage gets high ?

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
My second monitor starts flickering either when the gpu usage gets to high or im tabbed in a program? It started after a sudden shut down when I accidentally unplugged my computer is there anything I can try?

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU and it's age? You might want to also state the make and model of the GPU and the monitors and how they're connected to the GPU. Go into BIOS for your motherboard and cross-reference it with the BIOS version on the motherboard manufacturer's support site.

Once done, make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10 and you're on the latest GPU drivers. You can also use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers but you will need to download the latest version from GPU maker's support site. When reinstalling the drivers for GPU, install it manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

luke7345

Reputable
Oct 8, 2017
Make and model of the PSU and it's age? You might want to also state the make and model of the GPU and the monitors and how they're connected to the GPU. Go into BIOS for your motherboard and cross-reference it with the BIOS version on the motherboard manufacturer's support site.

Once done, make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10 and you're on the latest GPU drivers. You can also use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers but you will need to download the latest version from GPU maker's support site. When reinstalling the drivers for GPU, install it manually and in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.
Thank you. I think its a corsair 650w PSU and a its a few years old. The GPU is the RTX 2060 and the monitors are both AOC. The one that is working fine is the 2260WG5 and the one thats flickering is the 2050. It has happened before maybe a few months ago and when I reinstalled the drivers it worked for a while but not this time. It only started happening yesterday so it should work. it might be because of the different Hz they are on an something happened when it turned off. Also the monitor is connected through a DVI to VGA cable while the main one thats working is just a display port. But on Nvidia control panel it says the connector is HDMI - HDTV (the one thats flickering) when its DVI to VGA