Question My SSD Can't Be Boot Up Everytime Using Rufus

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021
Hi I have some problem here, I have a laptop Acer Swift 3 314-41 and I tried to install windows and Ubuntu OS with USB (os installed by Rufus on my USB) and it's ended up in "No Bootable Device" in SSD but works in HDD. I tried everything from YouTube and other threads there's no point to boot up my laptop. Also there's no Legacy and UEFI option in Bios.

Is Rufus is denied by SSD nowadays? Or something??

Colif

Win 11 Master
there shouldn't be any difference between ssd and hdd

was the rufus set up right for win 10 so it accepts mbr or gpt. As the "No bootable Device" error shows if its looking for a legacy boot drive.

I can't find much on your bios since its a laptop and their manuals act like you don't need to know that sort of thing.

so you dual booting on one drive?
how far into install process do you get?
was ssd blank when you started?
which did you install first?

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021

was the rufus set up right for win 10 so it accepts mbr or gpt. As the "No bootable Device" error shows if its looking for a legacy boot drive.

I can't find much on your bios since its a laptop and their manuals act like you don't need to know that sort of thing.

I'm not dual booting my laptop. Since I installed it with rufus its always "No Bootable Device" and I tried to install with Media Creation Tool it's all safe and sound. And I pretty sure install it with GPT not MBR. GPT on HDD safe, GPT on SSD no bootable device MBR on SSD the system can't detect the installer.

SakakiKomachi

Commendable
Aug 28, 2021

I'm not dual booting my laptop. Since I installed it with rufus its always "No Bootable Device" and I tried to install with Media Creation Tool it's all safe and sound. And I pretty sure install it with GPT not MBR. GPT on HDD safe, GPT on SSD no bootable device MBR on SSD the system can't detect the installer.