Oct 18, 2019
Hey, I've recently had a problem with my computer, every time I turn it on the USB's work just fine when it boots, and when it gets to the windows 10 lock screen, all the USB's just stop working, my keyboard and mouse stop lighting, and they do nothing when i press them, my external storage isn't making a light like it should and my PS4 controller doesn't turn on.
Normally i'd restart it and it would work again but now it stopped working.

Solution
its a driver problem and the issue with reset is it seems to have used the same drivers again, so no USB in windows but it works outside

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot disk and USB will work in it.

Go to BIOS and set it to boot off the USB.

Did you do a full reset or keep files/settings? In other words, is there anything on C you want to save?
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

Once you have...
D

Deleted member 14196

If you haven’t made any changes to windows are installed anything recently but it’s probably failing motherboard at this point. Make sure your keyboard and mice and USB stick still work on other computers to make sure they are not the problem so you can rule that out

Oct 18, 2019
Hey, I've managed to make them work by pressing F12 when the PC boots and getting to a screen that asks me what boot device i want to choose, i chose my ssd, than it brought me to the win10 lock screen and the keyboard and mouse worked, so i went to the pc settings and reset my pc. Now im 1 press away from starting with a new win10 because i cant click Enter on the keyboard!!! How can i control the pc without a keyboard or a mouse on the recovery screen?

Colif

Win 11 Master
its a driver problem and the issue with reset is it seems to have used the same drivers again, so no USB in windows but it works outside

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - its a handy boot disk and USB will work in it.

Did you do a full reset or keep files/settings? In other words, is there anything on C you want to save?
boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

Once you have everything off PC, do a clean install and it should fix the problem
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/

Solution
Oct 18, 2019

boot from installer
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt

Once you have everything off PC, do a clean install and it should fix the problem
follow this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-do-a-clean-installation-of-windows-10.3170366/
I did that right now and it worked but now im in the windows basic start and the usbs still don't work

Colif

Win 11 Master
I did that right now and it worked but now im in the windows basic start and the usbs still don't work

Do you mean set up or its installed and you at login screen and can't get any further?

what are specs of the PC? Are you using wired mice/kb? are they plugged into rear USB? Tried USB 2? Try only having KB/Mouse attached.

Could be your PSU is not supplying the power needed to run the USB items. Often they are 1st to be powered down if its a power thing, next would be GPU.

Oct 18, 2019
Thank you for the help, I managed to make it work and now I have a new Windows 10 os. There was one time a couple of hours ago where all my USBs just stopped working when I was in the middle of something, I restarted my PC and they started working again. That is weird and if you have any suggestions about what I should do about it it will help a lot, but I really don't mind restarting sometimes.

Oct 18, 2019
My PC is a brand PC from Lenovo. I think the name is Y520. I bought the PC in February 2018 but I think it was made in 2017.
Heres a link to the PC on Lenovo's website, its the lower budget version of the PC, I bought the more expensive one: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/deskto...es-desktops/Legion-Y520-Desktop/p/99LE9Y50275
I have a parts list:
CPU: Intel Core i7 @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 16GB 1329MHz
Motherboard: Lenovo 36EF
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
PSU: AcBel 450w 80 plus bronze (Its a weird PSU from a Chinese company that I don't understand why Lenovo would work with, I think maybe its the problem. Someone sells it on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/p/2122055067 )