Mysterious Lockups! help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

i have the latest integrated sound drivers and i've tried disabling that.. i know man this is messed up

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
HMMMM, been along time sense I used that. You really need to upgrade your OS to either ME or win98SE. BTW what size is your power supply?

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

I believe its a 250, not sure...but the switch on the back is on 115

mjdunn

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2001
Correct I have a fic az11 w/ sound it has many problems with win98 there was supposed to be a bio release but it didn't work to well. If you can get a hold of another os I would try installing it...

BTW my new Asus A7V133 runs win 98 just fine----my fic still doesn't

!!Warning!! Some benchmarks are not VALID, depends on what side you are on!

G

Well I got a copy of Windows Millenium Edition right here. I figure its worth a try, but one question. I got the ME full version, will there be conflicts if I overwrite my current windows?

madmanbmw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Of course a clean full install is always better than the upgrade. However this is only preference, just updating 98 should work fine.

Madison
mmcmajor@apex.net

G

Welp, got win me on there and the problem persists.. *Sigh*

This sucks, i wanna play games! :(

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Ok after the re=install of windows you need to re-instally the via 4n1's use only the agp driver nothing else. I really think you may have a power supply issue here and need to get yourself a more powerfull one, at least 300 watts.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!

G

dang..Reinstalled those drivers, still to no avail. Wish i could fix this. I could try a new poiwer supply but I can't afford it right now.

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ok I had lockups when it came to building my abit kt7-raid pc. My problems were that the bios needed to be set correctly for games to be stable. Go into the bios and see if you can disable 4x to 2x that fixed my problems. Also, if you have a 250w power supply and low quality ram that could cause problems too.

Jeff