[SOLVED] native 1080p vs 1080p from a 2k panel ?

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Hi,
Fast and probably stupid question for a lot of the readers.
Does a 1080p resolution from a 2k panel(full screen) look better then a 1080p from a 1080p panel?
The inch are the same(arround 30 for example).
For make you understand better
pov: you are playing a competitive game in full screen mode
will be better the 1080 from a 2k panel(so the leds will be actually the same of a 2k panel but the resolution will be fhd) or a native 1080p panel(so the pixel are the exact ammount of the resolution.
Then, does a better resolution(or also just more pixels) reduce ghosting (if exist) or it will be just in a grater resolution but the same ammount(in cm how much the trail is long).
Thanks for the answare and sorry if is a stupid question but I ve not found anything on the net

Solution
Assuming every other stat is identical, HA!, the 1080 panel should look better. That's because the 2k panel has to estimate where the 1080 pixels should be. 1440 is four 730 panels, just like 4k is four 1080 panels. At 720 the pixels don't 100% perfectly line up where they should be, so the panel has to use tricks to get them in the correct spot. Usually you can't tell, and in a fast pace game you won't notice.

4745454b

Titan
Assuming every other stat is identical, HA!, the 1080 panel should look better. That's because the 2k panel has to estimate where the 1080 pixels should be. 1440 is four 730 panels, just like 4k is four 1080 panels. At 720 the pixels don't 100% perfectly line up where they should be, so the panel has to use tricks to get them in the correct spot. Usually you can't tell, and in a fast pace game you won't notice.

Solution

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
ok, so if I want use a 2k monitor and usually go on 2k but a certian game I want to use it at 1080p I could without seeing any really bad graphic details.
And do you know if ghosting is worse or better while the resolution get higher(talking about same specs exept resolution)
btw thanks for the help

4745454b

Titan
Ghosting depends on the monitor, not the resolution. I'm pretty sure I could show you a panel of either res that looks better than the other. It really depends on which exact monitor you are talking about.

so if I want use a 2k monitor and usually go on 2k but a certian game I want to use it at 1080p I could without seeing any really bad graphic details.

Many people do this. If it was a huge problem they wouldn't. Or they'd complain about it more. Me personally it's in my mind, so I don't do this. It's either 1080 or 4K. I personally don't care about 4x 720.

Hi,
Does a 1080p resolution from a 2k panel(full screen) look better then a 1080p from a 1080p panel?
will be better the 1080 from a 2k panel(so the leds will be actually the same of a 2k panel but the resolution will be fhd) or a native 1080p panel(so the pixel are the exact ammount of the resolution.
Then, does a better resolution(or also just more pixels) reduce ghosting (if exist) or it will be just in a grater resolution but the same ammount(in cm how much the trail is long).
Thanks for the answare and sorry if is a stupid question but I ve not found anything on the net
If you have a 2K G-Sync compatible monitor and an Nvidia RTX 30XX series card it will reduce the resolution using DLSS and Reflex technologies. I believe AMD cards have something similar with FreeSync monitors.

Endre

Reputable
Hi,

Hello!

Unfortunately, the 1080p resolution on a 2K panel will look worse compared to it on a native 1080p panel!

(I know because I own a 4K monitor. Any resolution which is lower than the native: 3840x2160 looks blurry).

Reactions: LORYT699

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
Ghosting depends on the monitor, not the resolution. I'm pretty sure I could show you a panel of either res that looks better than the other. It really depends on which exact monitor you are talking about.

Many people do this. If it was a huge problem they wouldn't. Or they'd complain about it more. Me personally it's in my mind, so I don't do this. It's either 1080 or 4K. I personally don't care about 4x 720.
ok, if I m not wrong ghosting depend on the speed of leds to change color, so slower is the response time more strong will be.
If we have 2 identical monitor with 8ms of reponse time this mean that for example the trail is of 20 pixel so this would say that with an higher res should be less or the trail will be the same cause is not the pixel but the taril will be of(for example) 3cm?
that was what I was meaning when I was doing the question, ghosting depend on pixels or it will be the same size(cm) in a same display with higher res(both with same response time ecc.)?
of corse it s an ideal situation and in the real market is like impossible finde 2 identical panel with different res.
btw tenks for the help

4745454b

Titan
I think we are talking about two different things. I'm saying a 1080 pic on a 2k screen won't have the edges it should have. Because the pixels no longer line up where they should be. So the edges of everything won't look right. Ghosting is mostly an issue of response time and reading what you wrote it sounds like you are worried about the size of the ghosting on the screen as the resolution changes. I saw who cares if your squares aren't square anymore.

LORYT699

Prominent
Apr 6, 2022
I think we are talking about two different things. I'm saying a 1080 pic on a 2k screen won't have the edges it should have. Because the pixels no longer line up where they should be. So the edges of everything won't look right. Ghosting is mostly an issue of response time and reading what you wrote it sounds like you are worried about the size of the ghosting on the screen as the resolution changes. I saw who cares if your squares aren't square anymore.
cause I ve a msi monitor(g32c4) that have ghosting, I was wondering if an higher resolution of the same monitor will have more or less ghosting